cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach enineers report

cbatoday
Grafter

Openreach enineers report

Hi openreach engineer came today. Can I read his report anywhere on my account.
11 REPLIES 11
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Openreach enineers report

Hi @cbatoday,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate you need access to the engineer's report. This is not something that you can access on your account as such information is held by Openreach, not us, and it is not copied over to your account. We can provide you with relevant information about your connection from Openreach however.

If that is something you need please come back to us with what it is you require and we'll try our best to accommodate you.

Thanks - LF

cbatoday
Grafter

Thanks for your reply. I spoke to the engineer and he ran tests and found the issue to be the copper line between the exchange and the cabinet that supplies my line.
Due to its deterioration this is what is causing the drop outs and slower speeds
Therefore I would like to see the report to see if it is in line with my verbal communication
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @cbatoday, thanks for getting back to us.

We're not provided with what most would identify as a report but instead can see the engineer/Openreach notes in relation to the issue. I've attached these notes for you below (minus any account specifics):

Actions to Resolve: Base module checks completed. Network module completed as sync / stability issues were identified. Engineer checked the pair quality on E-side or at PCP (Primary Connection Point).E-side pair rerouted. PQT (Pair quality test) parameters were improved resulting in uplifted broadband stability / speed / sync./ Final test results: Final PQT performed at the NTE (Network terminator equipment)back plate. The test passed on 2019-04-23T13:04:44.Final FastTest completed. Engineer was unable to complete an automated test. Engineer confirmed service restored on 23/04/2019 12:54:22

I hope this helps but if you do need anything else please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

cbatoday
Grafter

Lot of technical jargon that I dont confess to understand
But I do know that my broadband dropped connection last night whilst watching football on now TV and also the picture become pixelated for most of the game
So I would say no the issue hasn't been resolved on the 3rd attempt
I am due a call today by the senior customer service advisor having emailed the CEO of plusnet.
Hopefully he will explain the ongoing issues
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

HI @cbatoday, your case handler will be calling you shortly and will be able to discuss the next steps for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
cbatoday
Grafter

Yes case handler has called me as promised and offered me the option to leave or persue my broadband issues.
I have decided to persue my case and going with a 4th openreach appointment to raise to level 2.
I think leaving plusnet and going to a new ISP would be the wrong choice as it is not the ISP that is at fault here and I would have exactly the same issues with the new provider
I am going to dig my heels in and have many openreach engineers try and resolve my issue and believe it will be them that get sick of visits and checks on my broadband service before I do.
I believe Ofcom are going after the wrong companies here by making the ISP's allow people to leave if the service falls below a certain speed and cant be rectify within 30 days.
How can they give these min speeds if openreach have poor or falling lines.
Ofcom should be penalising openreach or take it back out of the hands of a private company that puts its huge profits before its customers service.
Should never have been privatised. These are my views and opinions.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @cbatoday, I'm glad that you have decided to stay with us and pursue this. Your case handler will ensure we do all we can to try get this resolved for you.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
cbatoday
Grafter

Contacted openreach complaint department who rang back this morning.
No plans that she was aware of to upgrade the line to fibre. She suggested ringing my local council to see if they had any new as the government are rolling out fibre by a certain date

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @cbatoday,

I'm sorry to hear that our suppliers have confirmed that there are currently no plans to install fibre in your area. Unfortunately, this isn't something that we're able to influence from here but I agree with the Openreach advisor that it would be worth contacting your local council to check where they are in regards to plans for the fibre rollout.

You can check the fibre availability in your area via the Openreach website here. I'd recommend checking every month or so to see whether our supplier have provided any updates.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
cbatoday
Grafter

Thing is there is fibre in my area. We live at number 24 and number 28 has fibre along with all the surrounding streets.
They are on a different cabinet so proves there is fibre at the exchange. Just no plans to upgrade our cabinets failing adsl line
Still waiting for a reply from the council but I suppose they are doing their best with the £1800 council tax they take from me
cbatoday
Grafter

Clicked success by accident. Hope the moderator can remove it, thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been removed.