Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach MK2 & Homeplug

Melancholie
Grafter

Re: Openreach MK2 & Homeplug

Quote from: goldenadsl
I think BT Wholesale Checker had forgotten to updating their site as they never show FTTC available date / estimated speed at all. However I got email from openreach this morning:
nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

14 Jan (2 mins ago)

to me
Dear Sir

Thank you for your enquiry about fibre broadband, you are connected to Cuckoo Oak exchange cabinet 8.

Your fibre broadband are now enabled and accepting order. I am afraid I have no information as to estimated speeds or date on the BT Wholesale Checker.

I like the way he made the same grammatical errors and wrote in the same stunted English that you do in the emboldened section.
Funny he's telling you it's ready when last Friday there was still civil engineering work to be done on it, not to mention the 1-2 weeks of testing and commissioning.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Quote from: jelv
You can ask but you won't get. ISPs have no control over interleaving.

ISP can turn off interleaving at the order processing say here (page 53 onwards): https://www.btwholesale.com/shared/document/Support/Training/eCo_Plus_WBC_FTTx_Ordering_Training_Gui...
Melancholie
Grafter

I'm guessing you stopped before you reached page 72.
Applicable attributes for FTTC

Question Answer

Do you require Interleaving? Not Applicable
ISPs can select 1 of 3 profiles, that's it.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Got email from Liv with great news. Can't wait to start order next week with Plusnet FTTC Unlimited Fibre. Wink I had also ordered BT Home Hub 5 from ebay today.
*******************@openreach.co.uk
23:30 (14 minutes ago)
to me
Hi Mr *********,
Fibre will be available to order from next Monday, 27th January.
I will now closed this case.

Regards

Olivia Garfield
Chief Executive, Openreach
Tel ***** ******
Melancholie
Grafter

Liv Garfield works on support cases, I note the reference to her personally closing a case which suggests strongly that she uses some kind of fault ticketing system, and just like your contact with NGA enquiries appears to make some of the same mistakes with English you do? No wonder you get along with people in Openreach. They seem to, on occasion, write in a very similar manner to you.
Wonder how Liv managed that degree in modern and medieval languages from Cambridge.
Something also quite interesting is that none of the emails I have directly from Liv have double-spacing in them.
Another curious one is that not once has Liv addressed any of us formally using 'Mr' or 'Mrs', but on those occasions where she does use a greeting it's been a first name.
Interestingly at least two of the High Level Complaints team, the people who Liv delegates this to, appear to use double-spacing. A case number is assigned when Liv delegates to them and their English isn't always so hot while hers has, in each and every email to us, regardless of time of day been flawless with no use of contractions like 'u' even using mobile messenger. Not surprising given she will be using a BT issue Blackberry. They also always start each email with a 'Mr' or 'Mrs'.
Also interesting is that every message, regardless of time sent, has her full email signature, though without an Openreach boilerplate. Odd as when she responded on her phone to us it generally didn't have a signature attached.
All very peculiar. I guess she has very much changed her writing style and email settings.