cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach Fibre Optic Connection Day Fail

dj981

Openreach Fibre Optic Connection Day Fail

Hi all, wonder if anyone can shed some light please?
My plusnet router already had a solid broadband light - engineer turns up, does the exchange work, comes back and fits the new faceplate plus an openreach modem. Then he goes to leave telling me 'all the right lights are on' when clearly the internet light is not on the plusnet router, nor is the DSL light green on the openreach modem.
He was obviously in a rush to leave, and when I checked my connection (obviously) there was nothing. He scratched his head then told me to 'wait 12 hours and call plusnet' which I interpreted as 'I have no idea what to do so I'm passing the buck'. With no options I had to let him go.
Plusnet customer services have told me there's a fault on my line (is that right with a solid broadband light on the router?) and since it's still an open order it will now take 24-48 hours for someone to come back to me, which I'm assuming will result in another lengthy wait for an engineer and another morning or afternoon I'll have to take off work. So frustrating as I need my fibre optic quickly!
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Cheers,
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Openreach Fibre Optic Connection Day Fail

Hi there,
Sorry about to hear about this.
Plusnet customer services have told me there's a fault on my line (is that right with a solid broadband light on the router?)

Afraid so, the broadband light indicates you the router is connected to the line and syncing with the cab and the exchange, the internet light shows if you're logged in.
I've just checked the order and that's now complete so we should be able to raise a fault, I'd advise doing that over at http://faults.plus.net as that should give you some test login details to try.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dj981

Re: Openreach Fibre Optic Connection Day Fail

Ok thanks very much for looking into this and the info - will go and see what I can do!
Cheers  Cool