Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Tracker and Dial Up

Stuaz
Grafter

Online Tracker and Dial Up

Hi,
A new customer coming from PIPEX, after they left me disconnected from BB for a two months....
There was aproblem with my purhcase of PN becasue PIPEX had given me the wrong MAC Code, however it still says on the tracker that there are problems with my details? What are they?? I want to get connected as quickly as possible.
Also the "free dialup" is that free for customers waiting to be connected?
33 REPLIES 33
Stuaz
Grafter

Re: Online Tracker and Dial Up

Quote from: PJ
There is a PAYG dialup account that you can use to access the internet a local call rates - as you've obviously already started the order process with PlusNet you should be able to set up a connection to dial 0845 142 2000 using your username (just the username, not the @plusdsl.net bit) and password to connect.
As for the problem, I suggest you give the CSC a call, there are two calls waiting right now and the wait is about three minutes- that way you can get an instant answer rather than waiting on one of the Comms team to pick this up tomorrow. Obviously the Bank Holiday means that activity in the forums has dropped somewhat.
Alternatively you can raise a ticket (the official means of support with PlusNet) through My Questions.

I raised the query here, hoping i would get a response as i was not able to ring the Customer Service Centre.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
How long were you waiting on the phone?
If you raise a ticket then post the number in here we'll be able to take a look for you, but this isn't an official plusnet support medium. There are staff available who can take a look at existing issues however, hence the request for a ticket number. You can raise this at http://contactus.plus.net
If you need to call for any reason it might be worth checking the list at http://csc.plus.net to see the current queue and expected wait time.
Hope this helps,
Stuaz
Grafter

A CS rep has replied and answered saying all is ok. So i am happy now Cheesy
pcoventry76
Grafter

calls are on a geo number now anyway so if you have a call package which works in the day you can use that - then if i have to wait an hour i dont mind ( not that i ever have had to)
Stuaz
Grafter

Would it be normal for me not to receive my Router yet, even though I'm due to be connected on Monday?
I only ask this, because i have this horrible feeling, i will plug my current router in on Monday evening and won't have a connection....two months on Dial up due to a PIPEX cock-up, means i don't want to be left hanging for much longer Sad
paulby
Grafter

Your current router should work - just remember to change your user name and password!!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think PN have changed back to Royal Mail Special Delivery to sort out delivery problems.  One I ordered last week was delivered a couple of days after order.
Have you checked what it says on the portal under Account Details->Account Summary->View Order Status in the relevant line?
David
Stuaz
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
I think PN have changed back to Royal Mail Special Delivery to sort out delivery problems.  One I ordered last week was delivered a couple of days after order.
Have you checked what it says on the portal under Account Details->Account Summary->View Order Status in the relevant line?

Yeah, see thats the problem, its stuck on "Checking your details" section.
A ticket was made because my MAC code was wrong, which i then corrected. i then asked on the ticket if everything is running smooth, and was told yes all is ok...
ID: 22676784
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just checked the order for you, the problem with this is that because the order was placed manually (due to the incorrect MAC) the tracker doesn't follow it. I can confirm that this is due to complete tomorrow as stated in your ticket.
Hope this helps,
Stuaz
Grafter

Thanks alot!! Sorry for being a bit worried, been treated like rubbish by other ISP's so much i forget some are different!!
So far though i am very impressed with the level of service and the website. and I'm not that easy to impress Smiley
So hopefully i can post on this ticket tomorrow with Broadband and not dial up!!!! woooo Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much for the compliments, that's good to know. Looking forward to more posts once you have the extra bandwidth Wink
Cheers,
Stuaz
Grafter

The latest on my ticket is this:
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 22676784 ] has now been returned to the BOT - DSL Migrations pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
Anyone care to explain what it means lol.
Stuaz
Grafter

Quote from: Stuaz
The latest on my ticket is this:
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 22676784 ] has now been returned to the BOT - DSL Migrations pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
Anyone care to explain what it means lol.

Would appear that there is a problem with my transfer (seems i had fair rights to worry then...)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately there is, and having checked BTs system there are no notes on the order stating why this is delayed. Our provisioning team will be chasing this up with BT but this can't be done until the order is 24 hours late. As such you should get a more detailed update tomorrow morning.
Sorry for the hassle,