cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once ticket touched by plusnet - it goes to the back of the queue??

tonycollinet
Grafter

Once ticket touched by plusnet - it goes to the back of the queue??

Based on my own experience, and that of some others (EG Assigned a non-plusnet IP address) it does seem that once plusnet support have put a response to the ticket, it goes straight to the back of the queue, no matter how unhelpful that response was. This being the case, it means it can take weeks to achieve a resolution - forcing people to come here to the forums.
Surely it would be better for any ticket that has reached the top of the queue for it to stay there (if further comments are added by the account holder) until the issue is satisfactorily resolved. It might mean it takes longer for the initial response, but at least it would mean that (once picked up) the resolution would not be delayed by days for each misunderstanding, or incorrect suggestion from support.
I personally find that very frustrating - which is why I end up here to try to get issues fixed.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Once ticket touched by plusnet - it goes to the back of the queue??

The main issue I can see with that is the decision on whether it's resolved or not. Even if the answer we provide is perfect, giving the exact reason for the issue and the fix, we'll still often get another reply from a customer on it. That may be because they don't like our answer, even if it's correct, they don't agree with us, or simply a completely different query appended to the same ticket to bypass creating a new ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tonycollinet
Grafter

So what would you suggest - when your support person says "do x" where x has nothing at all to do with the problem, and your customer is left knowing that he now has to wait another 3 days, before anyone will even know the problem is not fixed.

The answer to your objection is easy. Allow support to close tickets only when they KNOW the problem is resolved satisfactorily (or at least to the best of PN's ability). Allow the customer to reopen if necessary - but it goes to the back of the queue. Have a complaints process for dealing with incorrectly closed tickets.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The ideal situation, and the one we're working to, is where support tickets are answered promptly and therefore it doesn't matter whether it's at the front or back of the queue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Agreed - How long do you think, before you get there?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Phone response times are apparently coming down but ticket response times are still going in the wrong direction.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)