cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old speed problem returned again

martin2006
Grafter

Old speed problem returned again

hi, back again for another whine, my speed, which has been stable at 6500 for quite some time apart from when i had a line fault recently, has been rubbish for over a week. i tried rebooting the router last week but is still hovering at around 2k and the ping is useless at times around the 150 mark when its usually round 20.
i am also on fast path so keen to get what i pay extra for if that makes sense
i have noticed the profile has dropped to 6500 from 7150 i think as well
do i have another bt fault, i have attached the latest bt speed test.
hope james can help again or anyone really
cheers
andy
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Old speed problem returned again

Hi andy,
We'll take a look for you and post back soon. It sounds like intermittent disconnects perhaps, is there any noise on the line or have you recently plugged anything new into the phone line at all?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well I've had a look, there were a couple of disconnections though one was on the 17th and another on the 23rd - one of those may well have caused the drop. Having said that you've been connected for over 24 hours since then so your profile should uplift again in a couple of days time. It doesn't look like there's a fault anywhere.
martin2006
Grafter

hi Matt, thanks for the reply, i haven't added anything to the line, i have got a filtered face plate and good cable and its normally steady as a rock at anywhere up to 6800k, i'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes, i think bt must be messing around with the exchage or something
thanks
Andy
martin2006
Grafter

hi again, the speed seems to be a bit better but it is taking ages to load webpages and now if i leave the pc for a while on a webpage and go back to it, or when i first open the browser i get a message sayings i'm not connected and to try again, i have attached the message below, is this related to my speed issue
cheers
Andy