Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old broadband was not cancelled when switching to plus net fibre

Bright
Grafter

Re: Old broadband was not cancelled when switching to plus net fibre

Quote from: moogaloo
Plusnet are not a 3rd Party, they where supposed to be the ones arranging everything

They're a third party in the contract between YOU and SKY.
Quote from: moogaloo
No but you can talk to BT Openreach, which is what you originally promised to do.

James is offering to give you proof of when they did that to place the order and be notified of its completion.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Bright
They're a third party in the contract between YOU and SKY.

And they apparently offered to take some quite reasonable action, which just didn't happen.
Similarly when the Royal Mail fail to deliver something I'm sending back to a supplier. They're a 3rd party but if it doesn't arrive they end up being responsible.  Wink
And following that example, yes when it goes wrong I do have to put some effort into it with the supplier myself, but Royal Mail also have to co-operate and supply information in order to resolve it finally.
All of which it seems will happen in this case. Cool
tstaddon
Rising Star

Mogaloo - to summarize your situation:
1. PN couldn't have provided the service you're getting from them if they hadn't done everything required of them.
2. By definition that means PN must've talked to Openreach as required (to get the line switched over) and Openreach, not Plusnet should've communicated this to Sky
3. PN are prepared to provide proof of all this AND are prepared to talk to Openreach again
4. PN cannot talk directly to Sky because (as I understand it) any contract dispute between you and Sky always was, and still remains, a matter between you and Sky - it's got nothing to do with Plusnet.
Pound to a penny this is all due to either BT Openreach not talking to Sky or Sky are messing you about. Question: Is anything stopping you from talking to Sky and passing over the evidence James has offered to you?
"Similarly when the Royal Mail fail to deliver something I'm sending back to a supplier. "

Flawed analogy though. In the event a supplier contracts Royal Mail to deliver something, if they fail to deliver it you blame either Royal Mail for failing to deliver or blame the supplier for failing to send it - you don't blame the recipient for not getting it.
What's happening here, so far as I can tell, is that the sender's complaining that the sender (PN) patently has sent the goods, the delivery arm (Openreach) patently has delivered the goods, the recipient (Sky) claims to have no knowledge... Yes technically the sender's got an interest in knowing what went wrong but the sender's not actually responsible for stuff either going missing in transit or the recipient lying about having not received it.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: tstaddon
Flawed analogy though.

Maybe, it wasn't intended to be perfect, just better (hardly difficult  Wink ) than the "red light" one.  Cool
At least you've used it further so it can't be that bad.  Grin
Pound to a penny this is all due to either BT Openreach not talking to Sky or Sky are messing you about.

That would be very difficult to argue with.  Lips_are_sealed
Finguz
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Wrong again. Your telephone line must be physically disconnected from the ADSL equipment in the exchange before it can be connected to the VDSL equipment in the cabinet.

I'm not disputing what you've said at all, I just thought I would share what happened when we had out fibre installed last month.
We were transferring from a sky llu broadband connection, but our phoneline was still with BT, and will remain with them for the next 7 days.
The engineer arrived and stated there was already someone working at the cabinet so he would install the face plate and modem to give them time to finish, then go to the cabinet and hook up the connection before returning to our property to make sure everything was working.
He installed the faceplate, then we hooked up the modem which he promptly powered on and..........., it synced.
At this point the engineer looked puzzled and wandered back and forth for about a minute scratching his head, then explained that my adsl connection was probably still active.
He then went to the cabinet, and approximately 10 minutes later the modem lost sync. A further 10 minutes passed and then it re-synced.
Just repeating what happened  Wink
Edit: In our case Sky was informed, and we're even getting a small refund  Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi moogaloo,
I've attached a screen capture image of the order shown on BTs systems and updated the ticket on your account. That should count as proof that the order completed and the MAC was used.
Hope that helps.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: Finguz
I'm not disputing what you've said at all, I just thought I would share what happened when we had out fibre installed last month.
That could happen actually as the exchange end DOESN'T need to be disconnected from ADSL to connect to FTTC.
It should be, but if it isn't you would just get an apparently plain phone line (filtered from ADSL at the local cabinet) presented at the exchange end with no ADSL equipment visible.
The modem in the house would of course be syncing with equipment in the cabinet then routed via fibre to a different place in the exchange.
Anyway, this is digressing a lot from the OP's problem, so should be continued elsewhere if anyone really wants to debate it.  Lips_are_sealed
Bright
Grafter

Quote from: Finguz
At this point the engineer looked puzzled and wandered back and forth for about a minute scratching his head, then explained that my adsl connection was probably still active.

That's because virtually all VDSL modems (used for FTTC) also work on ADSL. But not at the same time!
Pound to a penny this is all due to either BT Openreach not talking to Sky or Sky are messing you about. Question: Is anything stopping you from talking to Sky and passing over the evidence James has offered to you?

My money's firmly on Sky messing the OP about. If BTOR didn't correctly complete the transfer process, including notifying Sky of the transfer, then the order would still be open.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Not at all grey - it's absolutely clear cut. OpenReach physically disconnected your line from the Sky equipment - it is their responsibility to notify Sky. Have you bothered to check the facts with OFCOM?

My take on the procedure is that Openreach will not work on a LLU circuit without authorisation i.e MAC and when the work is completed the system should have notified Sky.
moogaloo
Dabbler

Sky have now given me a refund and say they will investigate with BT Open reach internally.