Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old broadband was not cancelled when switching to plus net fibre

moogaloo
Dabbler

Re: Old broadband was not cancelled when switching to plus net fibre

Quote from: James
I've already raised the issue with the switching page not being clear.

NOT BEING CLEAR! it is just plain wrong, I have been fobbed of on my ticket it seems no investigation was started despite being verbally promised it would.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Note that the "right" person has some awareness:
James Bailey
Plusnet Complaints Manager

I'd suggest that meanwhile you need to resolve the situation with Sky completely then work out what, if anything, your losses were compared to what they would have been had you given them notice once you had a confirmed move date.  Wink
moogaloo
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
OpenReach will have told Sky that you had been disconnected from their service.

That is what plus net are saying, but they seem to be going back on their promise to investigate what has happened.  My worry is that they think it works like ADSL switching and that when switching from ADSL to Fibre BT Openreach actually do nothing with the MAC keys, I would be surprised if I was alone in paying for 2 broadband connections.
I have tried lookoing to see if I can contact BT OpenReach myself, to check the procedure but I have not found away
tonycollinet
Grafter

2 - We'll contact your provider
This is the easy part. Sit back, relax and leave it with us.
We'll get in touch with your current provider and let you know when we've sorted out your switch date.

I think the phrase "Sit back and leave it with us" suggests quite strongly that the OP does not need to worry, and that plusnet will deal with everything. Pretty clear IMO.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: tonycollinet
Pretty clear IMO.

And of course fundamentally wrong.  Cry
Bright
Grafter

Who is your phone service with now? The process used (and where it's documented) depends on what's being transferred.
Quote from: HPsauce
And of course fundamentally wrong.  Cry

Plusnet notifies Sky indirectly via BTOR. I don't think it's quite that clear cut.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: moogaloo
I have tried lookoing to see if I can contact BT OpenReach myself, to check the procedure but I have not found away

Forget that - it's OFCOM that set the rules.
Any dispute must be between Sky and OpenReach - Plusnet were not required to do anything and therefore are in no way at fault. Even if the advice given by Plusnet was wrong it doesn't change the rules.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro

Basically it's messy, but as noted above, first:
Quote from: HPsauce
you need to resolve the situation with Sky completely then work out what, if anything, your losses were compared to what they would have been

PN can't assist with that bit at all.
moogaloo
Dabbler

Forget that - it's OFCOM that set the rules.
Any dispute must be between Sky and OpenReach - Plusnet were not required to do anything and therefore are in no way at fault. Even if the advice given by Plusnet was wrong it doesn't change the rules.

Not sure why you think plusnet are blameless, if this is situatiojn is cause by wrong information given to me by plus net, then it is down to them, if BT Opemnreach are supposed to contact your current ISP when enabling fibre that is more of a grey area.  AS I understnand it ADSL and Fibre can continue to work on the same long, so I am worried that certain wrong assumptions have been made about the role of BT Openreach.
Bright
Grafter

AS I understnand it ADSL and Fibre can continue to work on the same long

Your understanding is incorrect (assuming you mean the same line).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Not sure why you think plusnet are blameless, if this is situatiojn is cause by wrong information given to me by plus net, then it is down to them,

Rubbish! If I told you it was OK to drive through a red traffic light do you think the police would be sympathetic if you tried to blame me when you were caught? Being given duff info by a third party doesn't change the facts.
if BT Opemnreach are supposed to contact your current ISP when enabling fibre that is more of a grey area.

Not at all grey - it's absolutely clear cut. OpenReach physically disconnected your line from the Sky equipment - it is their responsibility to notify Sky. Have you bothered to check the facts with OFCOM?

AS I understnand it ADSL and Fibre can continue to work on the same long, so I am worried that certain wrong assumptions have been made about the role of BT Openreach.

Wrong again. Your telephone line must be physically disconnected from the ADSL equipment in the exchange before it can be connected to the VDSL equipment in the cabinet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

To be clear, we're happy to help by showing proof of when orders were placed and completed, we just can't talk to Sky about this.
moogaloo
Dabbler

No but you can talk to BT Openreach, which is what you originally promised to do.
moogaloo
Dabbler

Rubbish! If I told you it was OK to drive through a red traffic light do you think the police would be sympathetic if you tried to blame me when you were caught? Being given duff info by a third party doesn't change the facts.

Plusnet are not a 3rd Party, they where supposed to be the ones arranging everything
HPsauce
Pro

To be clear, we're happy to help by showing proof of when orders were placed and completed, we just can't talk to Sky about this.

That would be helpful to Mogaloo in resolving the outstanding bill from Sky so should surely be done ASAP.
Once that is done the situation between him and PN will then need amicable resolution.  Wink
He appears to have (reasonably) believed:
2 - We'll contact your provider
This is the easy part. Sit back, relax and leave it with us.
We'll get in touch with your current provider and let you know when we've sorted out your switch date.

But you now say (after pointing out that Openreach is actually an intermediary):
we just can't talk to Sky about this.