cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok then guys lets talk about this.

Labman
Dabbler

Ok then guys lets talk about this.

Ok then guys lets talk about the  "Pro Add On" add on package!!! Upgrades your service to a top-class prioritized connection, ideal for online gaming and working from home.  YAAAAAAAAAAY.... when i first got an email through showing me about this add on i was kinda confused and one of my Immediate thoughts was how is this going to be possible??.. taking into consideration the the current bt phone lines are copper and are basically going as fast it  can .  so the other day i was lurking on the plusnet web site and came accross the add on.. £5 a month no contract.. ok lets give it a try.. did it increase my speeds?? NOO do i see an improvement in gameing ping speeds... NOOO ... ok so its £5 a month ontop of ur normal bill not much really but it dont do anything... DONT BUY IT... oh and plusnet Stop advertising that your speeds are 20mbit they are not n never will be.. its 10+ abit.... <removed>   Crazy
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  derogatory reference to other posters removed per Forum Rule and this Forum Rule
4 REPLIES 4
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Ok then guys lets talk about this.

It means all traffic is on a priority, nothing is speed capped.  that can affect some games that use P2P for patching/updates.  What it wont do is affect Pings, that is simply how good the routing is from you to the server.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it doesnt increase your line speed, it does away with the traffic clamping that lowers whats you can pass between you and plusnet
see here http:// http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp2.php put extra in one window and extra pro in the other
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Labman
oh and plusnet Stop advertising that your speeds are 20mbit they are not n never will be..

Up to 20mbs is quoted.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do alright !
99.75% of 20mb/s

TBH though it's usually around 17.25mb/s

Up to today !