cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh dear, can't even connect to bt_test@startup_domain

IanMelb
Dabbler

Re: Oh dear, can't even connect to bt_test@startup_domain

Hi Jo, thanks, once again, for your efforts.
There does seem to be a little movement on the problem, but there's no guarantee that it will be fixed today or any time in the near future - incidentally, the next attempted 'fix' is for BT to try something remotely.
The fact that a remote fix is indeed possible begs the question as to why I had to wait at home all day for nothing to happen. Indeed, why could the remote fix not have been attempted sooner?
The whole sorry mess, although probably not originally PlusNet's fault, has highlighted an horrendous system of failing to identify a customer's support and communication needs. In the space of 16 days it has turned a previously very happy customer in to one actively considering voting with his feet.
IanMelb
Dabbler

Well, finally, last night we got our net back.
It was a fault that could be fixed remotely and so OpenReach fixed it, remotely - 16 days for a 10 minute job ...
Still not happy about the amount of time it took to get resolved - the PlusNet staff are great bu the Company's organisatio, methodology and procedures are somewhat lacking in coherence.
What I would like to see from the support setup:
(1) Triage - assess how important a customer's problems are (based on a published scale) and then treat urgent/critical problems with higher importance.
(2) Recognition of the customer's awareness of the problem and capability to help diagnose and fix it.
(3) Better reporting/updating as to what is actually happening.
(4) There should only be one person in the chain between the customer and BTOpenreach. That support person should have a job number that they can query with BTOpenreach and get an immediate response as to the status of the engineer assigned to iy (especially when the customer is at home awaiting a visit).
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi IanMelb,
I'm glad to hear that your service has been restored. I can see the sense in some of the points you make and I can assure you that we will be taking notice of all feedback from customers who have been in your position. I shall be pointing out your post to the powers that be as an example of how we may improve the process.
Jojo Smiley