Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Outlook Mail setup

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Office Outlook Mail setup

Hi Its my first post, I signed up yesterday and I should migrate to Plusnet next Wednesday, i had to sign up by phone because of a technical problem, i set an email address which I thought I would set up this morning in Microsoft Outlook ready to use, but when i clicked on the Test Mail button I get an error message saying The Server Responded 550 Relay not permitted I gave the rep an alternative email address just in case and the alternative address shows in my account area as the default one.
I done know if I should have set the email account in Outlook until activation day or if i have done something wrong, i followed the information on the plusnet help site and have double checked it. Could anyone advise please as what the likely cause could be. I went onto the plusnet site and sent an email from the Webmail site logged onto my computer and I received the test email no problem.
jono
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Office Outlook Mail setup

Hi there and welcome to the forums.
I'm assuming that you set up your mail client with relay.plus.net as the outgoing server?
This will be the cause of the problem, unless you are currently using a PlusNet connection you'll get the 550 error you are seeing. This shouldn't happen once your ADSL is activated.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Thanks,  Very quick reply and very helpful, i thought at first i had filled a section in wrong.
regards
jono
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As long as you followed the instructions on this help page, you should be fine. Shout up if you have any other questions.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.