Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off to BT Unlimited

GistHunter
Grafter

Off to BT Unlimited

I'm done !
OK, I used my allowance to d/l up to the19th and would have started a new month on the 21st  I paid for my extra per GB yet you still throttled my d/l speed.
Any other weekend, and I agree there have been a few, this would not have been an issue, but this weekend your speed reductions has caused me a great deal of problems, so BT will be getting a call monday morning.
Angry
Gisty
13 REPLIES 13
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Off to BT Unlimited

Why didn't you just upgrade to unlimited?
Good luck with BT Wink
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Presumably as you are angry with Plusnet you would rather pay more for BT Unlimited than opt for Plusnet Unlimited?
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT are cheaper on Market-1  !  Angry
GistHunter
Grafter

It's not the cost that has hacked me off - I was happy I had used my GB this month, but I had bought an extra to get me over what I knew to be a busy weekend ( my work, my wife's Uni, my youngest school work) yet the speed has been not just slow but unusable........I realise Plusnet / are really just a part of BT - but I'm hoping for beter customer service
joncooper
Grafter

Quote from: GistHunter
... I'm hoping for beter customer service

from BT?Huh
good luck
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: GistHunter
I'm hoping for better customer service

I visit people in their homes to help with computer problems so I have experience of BT customer service without being a BT customer.  It isn't better than that offered by Plusnet.
thomasjc1
Grafter

Well if you are leaving plusnet to get better customer service at BT you are going to be disappointed because they are rubbish at it and rubbish is an understatement
GistHunter
Grafter

I often work alongside BT-ST and they provide a quality service, I have no experience of BT as a residencial broadband provider though --- maybe if the CS is as bad as you say I nee to rethink
thomasjc1
Grafter

I have been with quite a few ISPs and for me plusnet is first for customer service for me and sky 2nd but with sky it depends who you get. Everyone I have dealt with on plusnet have been brilliant
NedLudd
Grafter

BT's customer service is way back in the dark ages compared to here!
Geoff,
York.
picbits
Rising Star

BT Business support is pretty reasonable. I've *never* had decent service from their residential support both for telephone or broadband issues. The only time I had a reasonable response was by posting on their forum for a line profile reset - one of the moderators picked it up and had it actioned for me.
janitor
Grafter

Nope you won't get good CS from BT, I should know I'm a BT customer, haven't used plusnet for a few years but now they have a unlimited tarif, I may give them a try when my contract is up, mind you the main problems I've had have been on the homephone side, not the BB side, but have no reason to believe they would screw the BB up given the chance.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Gisty,
Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the restriction, I can see that you're now on our unlimited product so no restrictions will happen again.
I hope this now works out for you.
Please let me know if there's anything I can do.
Chris