Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ofcom and Samknows Broadband Performance Testing

fourfourdevon
Grafter

Re: Ofcom and Samknows Broadband Performance Testing

Quote from: dave
The Ofcom testing is being done in May. When the results of the last batch of testing were published we didn't have very many customers on ADSL2+ taking part so the post (and mails we sent out today) is to try and get some ADSL2+ customers taking part in the testing for May.

WWWombat - I'll feed back to Samknows and see what they say.
I've applied multiple times to get onto SamKnows, never heard back from them.
I'm on ADSL2+
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the previous badly handled test was this one http://community.plus.net/ispa-testing-2011/
Thanks for offering to help us out with testing for this year’s ISPA Awards. Thinkbroadband are running this year’s technical testing, and they’ve put together a handy reference document if you’d like to find out more about how it all works before you get going.
Download and install the tbbMeter client to get started.
Don’t forget to send us your instance ID so we know to add 3 months free for you once the testing is over.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

OK so I have not reapplied and I have just received an email from samknows, Had to do a brief line test and fill out a form with my address, So those who wanted to take part before keep an eye out In your emails, This was around a year ago when I applied and that's Sam just got back to me now!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
WWWombat
Grafter

Yup, I got this too.
I guess they've tied in a new recruitment drive to the May test that Dave mentioned.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
WWWombat
Grafter

I've just had the next follow-up mail on this...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
grahamt
Rising Star

I applied quite a while ago (can't remember how long ago - maybe last summer) but I haven't had any reply recently.
Graham
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Nothing here...
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

I registered my interest a few weeks ago, completed the test runs and today received notification that the monitoring unit will be sent out in the next 7 days.
Presumably they pick and choose applicants to ensure there's a broad representative sample e.g. geographic location, connection rate etc. However, you would think those not selected would at least be told (and why).
Mathew
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I tried signing up (from work) a week or two ago and the 'submit' button on the page refused to work, I gave up after many attempts.
I don't suppose it's clever enough to recognise if you're on an ISP different to the one you select in the form?
I'm sure my work PC is 'healthy' though I m still on IE7 (Windows XP) as our work intranet has several incompatibilities with any browser except IE7 (Compatibility mode in IE8 does NOT work), maybe it's the old IE that doesn't work on that page.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.