cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oddest thing (Usage Graph)

Ado16
Grafter

Oddest thing (Usage Graph)

It's an hour into my new month.  I have some <cough> seeding going on.  I've downloaded a 600mb programme from iPlayer and that's about it.  so why is my little blue usage bar graph saying that so far  I've used 20GB!!!! I don't use that in a month!  In the last couple of months I've used 7GB and 11GB overnight.
I think there's a fault somewhere.
I'll see what happens in the morning. Perhaps it'll sort itself out. Undecided
The "Written" chart says I've used just 4.15MB so far tonight.
Curiouser and curiouser.
4 REPLIES 4
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Oddest thing (Usage Graph)

It sometimes takes time for usage to be reset on billing day and you can get oddities during the interim period, I have found.
Usually it will sort itself out later on in the day.
That's RPM to you!!
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Remember that your usage covers what you upload as well as what you download.  If you go in for peer-to-peer file sharing you may be uploading a lot of data without being very aware of it.  On the few occasions when I have used uTorrent, I used the setting to restrict upload speeds.     
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

RPMozley has it spot on, we can't reset everyones usage at midnight so it's spread out over the early hours of the morning. Looking at your account the usage has reset now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ado16
Grafter

[ermintrudevoice] Oooh! You've been peeking - You naughty thing! [/ermintrudevoice]  
Yup! Thought it might be one of those funny little foibles.  Wink Ta.
dick:quote