Did you mean: 

Occasional speed drops

FIXED
Arthurton166
Grafter

Occasional speed drops

Hi,
Hopefully someone can help?
For a cpl of weeks my internet seems to drop speed to near zero a few times per day, but back to normal within a few minutes.
Everything seems okay that I can check with my limited knowledge! In last hour or two internet has crashed completely (orange flashing light on hub), unsure if related to previous mentioned issue.
Is becoming a real pain, any thoughts/ideas welcome.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Occasional speed drops

Fix

Hi @Arthurton166 , sorry to hear you're have speed issues. Checking the connection from this side we are seeing the full 40Mbps download reaching the router with no signs of errors or issues. This then leads me to believe the issues you are seeing could be caused by wireless interference given how the connection is looking from our side. Is it that you are noticing the speed issues on wired connection as well as wireless? If so then we can send the appropriate guide for your router on how to best optimize your wireless to suite the property which should help.
I did notice there were a few peculiar drops on the connection yesterday evening however since then the connection has looked fairly solid as seen below: 

Arthurton166
Grafter

Hi Ben,
Thanks for coming back to me.
I am currently using a wired connection, with a much improved situation, however still the same problem persists but only for a few seconds at a time (much shorter than before).
Any thoughts?

Regards
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Did you notice the light on the front of your router change colour last night when the connection dropped for you?

If so i'd try the steps Here letting us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Arthurton166
Grafter

Hi gandalf,
Thanks for reply. Just had an example cpl mins ago. No change at all with colour light, remained blue throughout drop. Did manage to do a speed test (wireless independent app).
Please see screenshot, speed drops significantly before slowly rising again.
Only reason I know it's happening is streaming online so picture quality drops or is lost completely.
Regards
Arthurton166
Grafter

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Arthurton166

Thanks for providing that info - I've checked your account and can see a few drops over the last few days, however, these may have been generated by you switching the router off/on.

I'd probably monitor the situation via a wired connection over the next couple of days and raise a fault here if the issue persists.

Best wishes,

Dave

Arthurton166
Grafter

Hi Dave,
Will do that, thanks 👍
Regards