cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining DSL sync

jaanps1

Obtaining DSL sync

I was informed by Plus NET on 21/08/2007 that my line is now activated for broadband.
From the above I could not obtain a DSL sync. The modem/router has a simple connection to the microfilter that is connected to the master socket.
I was informed by Plus NET analysts that I need to connect my PC using an ethernet connect to obtain a DSL sync.
Well this is totally incorrect. All that is required is for the router to connected via a microfilter to the master socket and power been given to the modem. router.
For the last 2-3 days I have been left woth no broadband and Plus NET don't seem to know what they are doing. Angry
I got in touch with the BT TAG TEAM to determine if a TAG has been placed by Plus NET and if all work carried out on my line has completed.
Well the TAG team informed me that a TAG has been placed from Plus NET. They also informed me that the work to be carried out to activate my broadband was and has not been completed.  >:(. They also gave me a reference number for this.
I am absolutly shocked to hear that Plus NET have informed me that my boradband line has been activated, when the work to be carried out to activate has not been completed.

I got in touch with Plus NET who told me that the TAG team are not giving me the correct information. That my boradband line is active.
I really want to get in touch with the BT provisioning team to determine the problem. Why? cause Plus NET have taken out payment for my connection, charged me for the type of hardware i want and are giving me incorrect information regarding my broadband connection.
Angry Angry Angry Angry
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Obtaining DSL sync

Hi there,
I've been having a look at your account and the order we placed to provide broadband to you.
It looks as though the original order placed on the 9th August was cancelled by BT as they didn't believe your line was capable of supporting broadband. We then placed another order on the 14th August which completed on the 21st August. The reference number for this successful order is 1-JTAE4W.
As far as BT telling you the order hasn't completed, well I really don't know why they are saying that, the tag on the line system we use shows PlusNet as the active ADSL supplier on your line and the ordering system shows the ADSL asset is active. To double check that the asset is active, I've done a quick line test which would not be available if the line was not held by us.
You should simply be able to set up the modem/router as per the instructions and start browsing. I'd suggest trying the alternate microfilter we sent and ensure you aren't using extension leads between the socket and the modem/router. We can then look at this as a fault for you.
We will obviously keep chasing this up for you as it serves no purpose to us to have unsatisfied customers.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jaanps1

Re: Obtaining DSL sync

Hi There,
I have just finished talking to Plus Net to get an update on the the broadband fault regarding No DSL SYNC.
I have been told that a BT engineer has done an update at the local exchange to rectify to fault with respect to a CCT rest for No SYNC.
Well from the above I have been informed by Plus NET that I should do a re-test to obtain a SYNC. I hope this works.
What I find very frustrating is engineers from Plus NET not providing me with the correct information.  Sad
I have a very indepth technical knowledge of telecomms and in particular the broadband technology. Hence I do know what I am talking about.
Summary: I shall te-test the line tonight and hope it works.