cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nowt like slow BB to boil the blood . . .

plscott
Dabbler

Nowt like slow BB to boil the blood . . .

My connection`s been fine for a long time until now. . .  I have unlimited BB and it`s gone real slow.  I tried 3 mobile wifi which is used with  the caravan and it was 3 times as fast.  Download speeds of 140-160kb/s isn`t brill is it?  Hope I don`t have to go through the usual hoops again.  It gets tedious. . . . . guess it`s better than losing the hair I have left and - I always have 3 if I need a fast connection!
Come on guys!  Do me a favour . . .
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Nowt like slow BB to boil the blood . . .

If you want help from the community, you'll need to gather the information requested in the speed issues thread, as that is the only way we can see the data to advise.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DanHodby
Grafter

For some reason DLM dropped the profile on your line.
It seems to have corrected itself today so you should start to see better speeds over the next 24 hours.
plscott
Dabbler

Thanks man.  It was better.  But keeps slowing down again shortly after this. . . .Trouble is I don`t reckon any of the other suppliers will be any better . . . .time to give up on computers maybe . . . crazy innit?  Things are supposed to be improving. . . .Glad my piano doesn`t run on a computer . . .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Townman
If you want help from the community, you'll need to gather the information requested in the speed issues thread, as that is the only way we can see the data to advise.

The speeds you reported are very poor for anything other than the very longest of phone lines, however in the absence of figures it is not possible to advise.  If you can gather some objective data then we can offer further assistance.  Variable DLM / profile is indicative of something which requires closer examination.
As for going through all of the hoops, until you get the issue bottomed out, you are likely to keep coming back to this point which is clearly frustrating.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.