cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

Lodge01
Grafter

Re: Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

Hello again,
It's now been more than two weeks since I first reported the latest issues with my connection. The problem is still not resolved.
The Open Reach engineer attended & confirmed that there is "NO" fault on/with my line.
He informed me there was a long-standing fault at the local exchange which has been effecting many customers locally for sometime.
Both himself, his colleagues & manager have regularly contacted BT Wholesale about the issue, as he did again while at my property.
During the conversation I was able to determine BTW confirmed a fault was visible to them which needed attention.
He then informed me he would be adding all this information to his report after the visit.
The latest response I received via PN's ticket seems to have ignored all of these facts, doing no more than telling me I have a stable line with no physical faults. Failing to address any issue at the exchange, or the fact my internet connection is still slow, inadequate, & often unusable.
I highlighted the above information in my reply & have failed to get a response.
Also, no one seems willing to discuss with me the possibility of any kind of refund for the continuing inadequate service & inconvenience experienced since the beginning of January. We are now in the month of May!
I cant envisage what issues are occurring that still cant be resolved after four months!
Is my local exchange sited on the moon by any chance?

This is a good result today, usually it's below 1mbps.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Lodge01,
I'm really sorry for the latest response that you have received from the Faults Team. I can see from the engineer notes that it has been mentioned that there is a known issue at your Local Exchange and we should certainly be pursuing this until it gets resolved - this is something that the Faults Team will do once they pick your ticket up - really sorry about that.
With regards to compensation/good will gesture, as I mentioned previously
Compensation/refund for downtime will be discussed once the fault has been resolved so that we can work out the exact amount of time that this has affected your service for, in total.

We would be more than happy to discuss the above but there is little point in doing so until the issue has been resolved so we can work out the exact amount for the total duration of the fault. I have sent feedback to the advisor's manager who sent the latest reply to ensure that such issues are not overlooked in future.
Lodge01
Grafter

I hope PlusNet, (PlusNet as a complete entity) is not about to place their shortcomings & failure in lacking the initiative to push BTW on the source of this matter sooner - solely on one mans shoulders.
This matter was first reported 05/01/2014, & has seemingly been inefficiently dealt with by many since that time!
In regards to your comments re goodwill gesture. I just wish to add that whilst with another ISP, & experiencing problems caused at the cabinet, said ISP willingly suggested & continued to waiver all monthly charges until the service was up to expected parameters.
An ISP I'd still most likely be using had BTW not hiked their charges to them for using an un-LLU exchange.
This is where PlusNet appear to not "do anybody proud" in their active customer service management & response. All these type things leave a lasting impression, & profoundly determine the customers future loyalty!
LEFT FOUR WHOLE MONTHS COMPLETELY WITHOUT THE INTERNET PACKAGE I'VE CONTINUED TO BE CHARGED FOR. NOT ONE COURTESY CALL MADE TO GIVE A PERSONAL APOLOGY!!!!!!!!
[Edit]
I've requested for my circuit be flexed again as a temporary measure.
Can you please advise how soon this'll be done?
Thanks!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Your Fault Ticket will be picked up within the next 24-48 hours.
In regards to your comments re goodwill gesture. I just wish to add that whilst with another ISP, & experiencing problems caused at the cabinet, said ISP willingly suggested & continued to waiver all monthly charges until the service was up to expected parameters.

I'm not in any position to be able to comment on how other ISP's offer discounts/refunds or good will gestures, however, our Billing System isn't linked in with our Faults System which is why we make arrangements once the issue has been cleared.
LEFT FOUR WHOLE MONTHS COMPLETELY WITHOUT THE INTERNET PACKAGE I'VE CONTINUED TO BE CHARGED FOR. NOT ONE COURTESY CALL MADE TO GIVE A PERSONAL APOLOGY!!!!!!!!

I'll ensure that the Faults Team give you a call when they pick this back up for you.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Strat
This thread merged
Just wondering (if the OP is happy to do so) whether this would be better moved to Feedback? More visibility as well.  Wink
Lodge01
Grafter

If it helps my cause for getting my internet back to standard.
jim:quote
Lodge01
Grafter

Hello again Chris,
Have received a message today saying fault at exchange has been dealt with.
However, speeds are still unsurprisingly slow.
Fault team notified.
Results below.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

can you post the further diagnostics from the speed test and the current line speed from https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and the router stats so we can get a better idea of what they have done or not as the case may be
Lodge01
Grafter

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Well - do be a little blunt - that is sod all use as there is no reason there why the speeds should be so rotten
I assume that the speed test was done over a wired connection and, if it was, I give up - Sorry
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Try a disconnect/connect via the router interface (don't do a full reboot) and then try the speed test again. It may not have picked up the updated profile.
Can you confirm that those results were from a wired connection?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Observation right in the long grass for me...
This is 20CN / ADSL(1) - the remote chipset vendor ID is TSTC which is Texas Instruments... as used by Marconi of whom numerous compatibility concerns have been raised.
Is this potentially relevant, or is this in the arena of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lodge01
Grafter

Yep, wired.
Maybe the wrong thing has been fixed at the exchange..... if at all....
Rebooted etc, no difference!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
I'm guessing that the router stats are before the BTw speed test?
Would be interesting to know what the error counts looked like after the speed test.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Lodge01
I cant envisage what issues are occurring that still cant be resolved after four months!
Is my local exchange sited on the moon by any chance?

Had a similar experience on one of our local exchanges.   Took ages to convince BTOR that there was a problem.   Fortunately I "bumped into" an old colleague who just happened to be working at that exchange.  He knew of the problems and was able to let me know that resolution was in hand - but the existing DSLAMS had to be replaced to achieve the long term fix.  This event took another month or so and then -------------> things were normal and good again.
So if you're in this sort of situation it can take a while, but it will be resolved.  Disappointing that Plusnet cannot get this level of honest cooperation from their supplier.
M