Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not very happy at all

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Not very happy at all

I am not very happy with my service ADSL2+. It totally downfall. I do believe there is nothing wrong with my line, master socket and router because I always had rock and solid stable with ADSL (up to 8Meg) and always stayed at sync 8128K and profile of 7150K but since BTW upgrade me to 21CN ADSL2+ it start off with sync of 16433K and IP Profile of 14000K but every single days the broadband resync from the exchange and kept dropping from 16433K all the way down to the bottom 9727K and the profile rate drop from like this 14000K, 13000K, 12000K, 10000K and now 8000K. The router, the socket and line was the same as before on ADSL where I had no problem for a year. I do believe it somewhere faulty at the exchange itself, not right on ADSL2+ change over issues.
It very annoying to get IP Profile from 14000K Smiley to 8000K Sad not very happy overall. Plusnet still investigated with my fault raised two days ago to find out why it kept dropping connection speed.
My line is good enough to get around 12-14 Meg on ADSL2+ but at the moment from ADSL 7 Meg to ADSL2+ 8 Meg, only 1 Meg extra is wrong for my downstream line attenuation 33db.
Also Plusnet and BT will not reset target snr until the fault team get back to me. The SNR still very high at 15.9db (day time) and 16.3db (night time) on the downstream and that is the main reason for low sync rate of 9727K.
BT Speedtester now show one page only with max speed up to 7150K and not showing upstream anymore. Look like BT put me back on ADSL mode.
67 REPLIES 67
JamesM
Grafter

Re: Not very happy at all

I think it is time goldenadsl that we just have to live with it.
My sync started off near 14000 and has slowly dropped to 9725 (sometimes lower) on a attenuation of 29. This has been frustrating me since April and it just keeps on going backwards. I think Plusnet are in the dark just as much as we are about why the speeds are poor for ADSL2+.
I had a call from BT yesterday offering me the world but they couldn't explain why my ADSL2+ speed is half my sisters ADSL2+ speed even though we are on the same exchange 3 doors apart. They just kept going on about how much the BTHH will give me the fastest speeds I can get, which according the thier speedtester is 8meg, but come with us and we "could" get you up to 14 meg.
I am thankful that I have gained just over 1 meg download speed over ADSL and maybe I should just leave it at that because it seems no-one knows or will tell anybody what the problem is.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No, I will not accepted to leave it as it very misleading speed because you and I can get line speed of around 13-16Meg. It very fishy something going on the ADSL2+ but if it not fixed within next 10 days, I will leave Plusnet and go elsewhere because I ain't having my ADSL2+ for just below 8Meg.
Come on mate, look at the ADSL2+ chart, it say your line attenuation of 29db should get you around 15-16 Meg easy! Mine is 33db as it should get around 13-14 Meg easy. Don't leave it as it were, get it fixed mate! You are paying for ADSL2+ not ADSL !
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

What is the hell going on ? BT had put me back on ADSL 20CN as the bt speedtester showed proof of this (up to 8 Meg) as I am so angry and very annoying, That's is not accepting for ADSL2+ 21CN speed !
I was first sync of 16433K and now my 14 Meg had gone down to 7.5 Meg ! Back to slow ADSL.
Not very happy at all. Please ask BT to put me back to 21CN ADSL2+ and reset SNR please.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You are still on ADSL2+, you won't get upload speeds anywhere near what you are seeing on 20CN.
Personally looking at the connection logs for your line, resetting the SNR at the moment wouldn't be my next step. We need to push this fault through to our suppliers and get them to resolve the underlying issue.
I know it can be frustrating working through a fault resolution, however simply resetting the SNR each time it increase isn't the way forward. Let us get the fault resolved and then see how the line is performing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
itsme
Grafter

Is the connection on a banded profile?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: itsme
Is the connection on a banded profile?

Sorry whart is banded profile ?
Chris
Legend

I've just spoken to the faults team and they are picking this up again now and will be in touch asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Thanks Chris.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Chris, why is plusnet kept telling me that I am on the correct ADSL2+ (21CN) as I ain't on it as there is proof of my snapshots here below as it was proof that I am put back on BT ADSL (20CN) and now plusnet say I need to book an BT engineer but might faced a charge of £144 plus VAT as I told them no, I don't want BT Engineering as I ain't paying for it as I am very poor and unemployed and cannot afford it. So, I told plusnet no BT Engineering please.
ADSL would be line attenuation of 30db but ADSL2+ would be line attenuation of 33db.
The screenshot show as ADSL mode. I am fed up and seriously consider moved away from Plusnet to other ISP.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi goldenadsl,
Your upstream sync rate proves you're still on ADSL2. It's not possible to get a sync above 448 on ADSL Max, unless you're on Max Premium in which case it would be set at 832 - still significantly less than the figure in your image above.
With regard to the engineer, you'll only be charged if the fault is found to be caused by something in your premises. As long as the fault is still apparent with the router in the master socket and all phones etc removed from the line then you've proved it to be outside the premises and won't be charged - that's one of the main reasons why we ask for the tests to be done Smiley
Unfortunately we can't actually progress the fault at all if you refuse the engineer visit I'm afraid.
ETA: The line's currently banded between 4Mb and 9Mb due to the disconnections. We could fix that but as the line is still dropping it'd be reapplied almost instantly, so unfortunately we can't do that until the dropping connection issue is fixed.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

You know what, I just hate the whole BT things! I really hate BT, totaly rubbish broadband from BT. I am now to reconsider to get Virgin Media cable 30Meg service broadband stand alone and I might cancel my broadband phone with BT. I had enough with BT. Thanks Plusnet for nothing ! I just hope BT go bust!
You refuse to reset target SNR on my line so I will consider quit it.
I don't want BT Engineering because I read and hear horror stories of BT Engineering come to property and found no fault and still charged customer £144 plus VAT. That's why I refuse! BT is a conned, misleading and rip off! BT are rubbish!
Chris
Legend

I understand you're frustrated at this, and if you like I'll go and reset your SNR but this will be the last time we'll be able to do it without investigating a fault via an engineer.
With regards to the engineer fault, we actually vet the charges here before passing them on to customers so if we believe that the engineer notes aren't complete or don't tell the whole story, you won't be billed it.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yes please Chris, please go and reset SNR pretty please as this will be the last one!
Thanks
Chris
Legend

Done, however as Matt said above it's likely the SNR will increase and the banding be reapplied if the dropping connection continues to happen on the line.
Give it a few hours and the SNR reset should start to take effect.