Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email on new BBYW Pro

spuggy
Dabbler

Not receiving email on new BBYW Pro

Hi,
I opened a new BBYW Pro account before the weekend and had the default email account set up.  The account can send emails just fine but won't receive any do to a "PERM_FAILURE: DNS Error: DNS server returned answer with no data" error.  Any ideas on this as I would love to receive the email with my MySQL account details in  Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Not receiving email on new BBYW Pro

What's your incoming mail server set to?  While you're trying to resolve this you should be able to see you mail at http://webmail.plus.net
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looking at your account, the mailbox component is in a very odd state. It's not configured properly and my attempts to fix it have failed Sad
This isn't the forst example of this I've seen today so an internal problem has been opened to address the issue (51833).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spuggy
Dabbler

Thanks for your help Bob.  I see that my mailbox has been recreated, don't know whether you guys have finished playing around but as yet the account is still unable to receive emails.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The mailboxes are now in the correct state, it's just a case of waiting a few hours now for DNS to pick up the changes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spuggy
Dabbler

Fantastic, thanks a lot for the work, seriously impressive  Smiley