cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not looking good for a new customer

buntings1
Dabbler

Not looking good for a new customer

Apologies if this in the wrong forum. I have opened a "ticket" to query my issue but as the forums seem quite helpful I thought I share my thoughts here.
So, Monday evening I order unlimited broadband  , landline, router etc - moving everything from moving from BT to Plusnet. By Monday evening the status showed  that the line checked had passed and that the first payment had been taken. All looked good.
However when I looked again this morning the status had reverted back to there being a problem with the line test!  I ran a BT test and unsurprisingly it came back as the line showing no faults ( which concurs with the fact that the broadband is running just fine - as is the landline )
I just discovered the following text against against our order:-

"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.
"
So - does anyone have any idea what this all means? Suffice to say not impressed with the lack of communications ( not had any email, txt etc telling me there is an issue or the order cancelled ). Why would the order have been OK at 11pm last night but not OK at 8am this morning?
Just beginning to wonder if I should be sticking with BT!
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Not looking good for a new customer

Hmm - not quite sure. Maybe a Mac code issue?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

No. I do not believe this is a MAC issue, yet.
It looks like another case of a shaky interface to BTOR not being driven with the skillset needed to get the optimum results for the end User.  Hopefully one of the Digital Care team will pick this up in the morning and give it a good shake.
Seems to be a constant source of problems recently.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

buntings1
Dabbler

Thanks for the thoughts - and that there seems to be an ongoing issue.  I doubt its the MAC code so early on in the process, and if it was I would have hoped for some contact asking me to check the order details rather than just cancelling the order and not having the courtesy to tell me.
I was impressed with the speed that pre-sales enquiries were dealt with and the ease of placing the order - but now not so impressed.
Will have to see what tomorrow brings - then look at the "cooling off" period for cancelling the order !
chrcoluk
Grafter

Contact tech support immediatly, else it will be stuck there for ages (possibly forever) without intervention.
buntings1
Dabbler

Thanks - I do have a "ticket open", unfortunately wont be in a position to ring them till later today.
To be frank, if plusnet cant get the basics right  (including discussing any issues with me directly so we can resolve them) even at this early stage then I feel like I should just cancel the order and stick with BT ( price might be higher but I cant fault their service over the last 5 or 6 years ). 
Thinking about it, the sequence of events is annoying in itself... test the line and it is OK, take money from my card, then once they have my money decide there is a problem with the line after all. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Not an encouraging start.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi buntings1,
I'm really sorry for any concern that we've caused with the automated ticket that's been created on your account with regards to your broadband order. I've checked the order on our suppliers systems and it's actually progressing fine without any problems. The migration is due to complete on 13/05/2014, by the end of the day. I've just posted your router out to you too, so that should be with you within the next couple of days.
Your telephone service will be moved over to us 14 days after your broadband order has completed, we'll send you SMS notifications to keep you in the loop regarding this.
buntings1
Dabbler

Thanks for stepping in and resolving the matter.
The router arrived this morning, as did the order confirmation letter - so I have a bit more confidence now.
Fingers crossed this was an isolated hiccup.
Thanks.