cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with download speed

grimples
Grafter

Not happy with download speed

I was getting 400 KiB/s for a few weeks a month ago, now i can only max at 300ish KiB/s. If i can get 400 why can i not get it all the time. Even though it seems to be a small amount it is actually nearly a 3rd drop, & with such a low speed anyways you do notice the difference in loading pages & downloading, sometimes it agony sitting there waiting, & waiting, & waiting, please help.

http://postimg.org/image/r6f04edl1/

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Link fixed.

7 REPLIES 7
DreamVB
Grafter

Re: Not happy with download speed

Hi, I had the same problum yesterday My speed was fine then it just dropped half way down, this this mornning I did a test and it seems to be back up. I think it maybe with me something to do with the weather. maybe that the case with you.If you keep getting the same problums you can raise a ticket. someone may have a better idea than me.

Hope you get it sorted.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see that when you contacted us yesterday our testing showed a fault external to your premises that's likely to be causing issues for you. Let us know what the connection is like once that's resolved and we can look back at any issues you may be having then.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grimples
Grafter

into the 4th day now no internet or phone. cmon pn do something pls.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Chris
Legend

I can see an engineer has been out to fix a fault in the network today, we can see you're back online now. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grimples
Grafter

No apologies, no recompense? 4 & a half days without the net is bl00dy torture. netmeter states i am maxing 391KiB/s, lets hope it stays that way, if not i'll be back :) message #4. i used my mobile phone, i cannot use it regularly for the net as it's just too awkward.
Chris
Legend

Hi Grimples,

Glad to see you're still up and running. I've refunded you for the downtime and added this to the ticket on your account. Sorry for the problems you had.