It might go away if you go elsewhere,

What a convenient excuse. Laughable Grin
gartmore
Dabbler

Re: Not happy with Plusnet

Signed up with BT last week and SHOCK
I HAVE BROADBAND!!!!
Explain that PlusNet!!!?Huh
BT said there was a problem at the exchange.
So I consider that you basically faffed me about for months and will be contacting trading standards now as its clear you did not solve this EASY problem and just gave me the runaround getting me to jump though hoops trying all your different ideas when it was a simple exchange fault.
Feel free to offer me a refund of the money you took. You have 7 days or I will assume you intend to refuse. I don't expect you will refund but I have to ask and give a deadline.
PS I think you said I owe £5. I gave you a contact number to get this if you insist
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Not happy with Plusnet - NOW GOT DSL FROM BT

Reading through previous post, you refused to do the tests that Plusnet required, you also would not raise a ticket, and in those circumstances Plus net could not pass the buck to BT, who now say they found a problem.
It seems to me that all the fault lies with you and not Plus Net
gartmore
Dabbler

Re: Not happy with Plusnet - NOW GOT DSL FROM BT

Quote from: pierre_pierre

It seems to me that all the fault lies with you and not Plus Net

No Pierre as I just pointed out. BT solved the problem. The fault lay at the exchange.  Roll_eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Not happy with Plusnet - Now Got DSL from BT

I dont know what happened to your last reply, but perhaps you whave read some of what you said and changed your mind, but as has been said many times, plus'net didnt raise it with BT because they had no evidence from you, and of course BT would know they had a problem, it was with their own equipement.
Unlucky for me I did not have a copy of your tirade .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The official record of your contact with Plusnet is your tickets.
No ticket - no official fault.
How can you expect compensation from Plusnet for a fault you didn't have?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Whatever the details, it's a sorry tale and it certainly sounds like the (ex) customer communicated several times with PlusNet about a total lack of ADSL provision and then "gave up" for whatever reason.
Given he's had no service whatsoever you would expect the supplier to "behave honourably" in this situation especially as it appears the fault was with BT (PlusNets subcontractor).
Also I have to query the customer service processes that can move a serious fault through several stages of investigation and corrective action but not have any sort of follow-up check to confirm all is well.
My own sorry tale with Tiscali has some parallels, though I did get a (very) minimal service for 3 months. Since I left they have agreed (after considerable pressure from me) to refund that period of rental and give a sum in compensation for my own wasted time and effort investigating a problem that was within their control not mine. That said there is no comparison between PlusNet and Tiscali on the service front... Crazy
prichardson
Grafter

It is indeed the case that the customer contacted us. This is both evident from this forum thread and the support requests raised.
Unfortunatly, it is only possible to support those that are in a possible to want to be assisted.
What has happened here is a little like taking your car to a garage, telling them to repair it, but refusing to leave the car keys.
In all fault situations, there is a limit to what assistance we can provide. This very forum thread is testament to that.
I offered assistance and provided details that showed a problem did exist, but not with the broadband service. It showed a line loop which is a phone line fault and not a broadband service fault.
One thing I would like to point out is that PlusNet would not have been able to get this fault resolved. The choice of provider the customer made also skews this slightly, though it good to see the customer now has normal service.
When you take a service direct from BT Retail and you report a fault to them, they will do exactly that same as we have. Complete Broadband diagnostics using the same tools we have access to. They too will have got the results we had.
Unlike us, the customers PSTN (Voice) is also provided by BT and as the broadband testing will have highlighted a voice fault, they can them complete PSTN diagnostics on the facilities they have. In this case, BT Retail raised a voice fault for the customer and raise this.
We could not do this for the customer, as we are not the voice provider.
If we provided Home Phone to the customer, we would have been able to do the same thing. In opposite, had the customer obtained their home phone from somebody else, BT will not have been able to resolve this either.
Unfortunatly the customer declined further assistance and we can only go so far unless the customers wants our assistance.