cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Heard from Plusnet

chartford
Grafter

Not Heard from Plusnet

Hello - not sure if I am worrying unnecessarily but I am due to have my FTTC fibre broadband installed tomorrow as arranged over the telephone last week with Plusnet sales, but I haven't heard anything from Plusnet since the emailed order acknowledgment and welcome details which were sent that same day, and more importantly have not yet received the free Netgear router.  A message on my online account details on the Plusnet website just says
"Keeping you updated
We'll email you at ********* to tell you about the progress of your order and when your service should be ready. We'll also include some useful help to get you up and running."
This is nothing I can find in my Plusnet online account that gives confirmation that all will go ahead tomorrow.
So should I hear something from Plusnet?  Should I at least have a courier tracking number for my router?  I guess it's the lack of router that's really worrying me.  If it had already arrived I would at least be reassured.  In the past I have been used to constant order updates from O2 via email and text, so this silence from Plusnet is a little unnerving!  Smiley
I'm getting somewhat edgy over this as I would hate to be without broadband tomorrow if O2 turn off my current ADSL service and Plusnet don't turn on the FTTC service.
Can anyone advise me what to expect?  Sorry to be a worrying nuisance. I'm probably vastly over-reacting to the non-arrival of the router,  but this is the first time I have migrated a broadband service like this and I'm finding it stressful.  I work from home and rely on the broadband.
8 REPLIES 8
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Not Heard from Plusnet

I too find it a little unnerving that the router delivery is left until the last moment - and yes, some people have had fibre installed before the router has arrived.
Hopefully one of the PN team will answer you on here, but right now, I'd recommend you phone up to check both aspects. If the router hasn't despatched, it is early enough in the day for something to be done about it!
Having said that, you can do a temporary test from a single PC without the router.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just been looking into this for you, it seems that there has been an issue with the dispatch of the Netgear routers (for fibre customers). I've been advised that this has been resolved and any outstanding orders should be shipped out today.
That should hopefully mean that it will reach you tomorrow all being well. I'm sorry if this caused alarm and thanks for the feedback as to how well we've been helping you keep track of your fibre order.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chartford
Grafter

Many thanks WWWombat for the reassurance and also big thanks to Adam for such a quick response.  Hopefully all will be well tomorrow, fingers crossed. 
When the router is delivered, does somebody have to be in to sign for the package?  My broadband is due to be installed tomorrow afternoon between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., but I simply have to go out in the morning to feed my horses.  If I know I have to be in to sign for it, I'll have to make arrangements to go to feed them very early before courier delivery times.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry I forgot to mention that it's not a courier, we send our hardware through Royal Mail. The packages are designed to fit through a letter box but I am aware that they don't always get posted through and a card is left (to arrange redelivery or collection from the nearest sorting office). So if your post tends to arrive at a fairly regular time I'd advise staying in around then.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chartford
Grafter

That's great, thanks Adam.  Not a problem with Royal Mail.  If I'm not in I can pop to the local sorting office which is only 5 minutes away.  Plus the mail isn't delivered until lunch time here, so no problem there either.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, that's good to hear. Hope it all goes to plan tomorrow for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chartford
Grafter

Just a quick pop back to the forum to say thanks to Adam.  Netgear router arrived today 20 minutes before the BT Openreach engineer turned up!  Am now online.
Engineer read full speeds of 40/2 at my master socket, so hopefully I should get good speeds after it all settles down.
Many thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, anytime.
It sounds like the modem arrived in the nick of time but I'm glad it was at least there before the installation was carried out.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team