Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Filter Failure?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Normal Filter Failure?

My error rates doubled over a period of several months but as is often said on here if pages load OK, connections stable, and download speeds are fine there isn't a problem. And I've always agreed with that as if it works it works.
Yesterday a couple of pages loaded very slowly. Checking on the router page error seconds were rising with every refresh. Switching off the router and checking the phone it was the obvious fault of crackling on the line. Made sure everything was plugged in securely but no change.
Tried just the phone and the crackling was gone. Put on a different filter now no crackling, a lot less errors and no error seconds.
It just seemed a strange failure to me as the crackling persisted with the router off. Yet the filter was still doing a good enough job that phone calls could be made without the line dropping when the router was on.
It made me wonder is there much difference between various filter brands? Or is it a case of if it's working OK then there's very little difference?
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Normal Filter Failure?

This is a bit out of date but is worth a read http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Normal Filter Failure?

Thanks for the link. It showed pretty much what I suspected that they are all near enough the same.
Even the Thompson/BT getting four stars which looks to be the ones I have.