Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Margin

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Noise Margin

It may be you don't have any corrected errors in that time frame - can you compare it to the CRC errors in the summary page
shure
Grafter

meanwhile, my trusty connection playing games again Angry
shure
Grafter

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I think we can forget about errors - those stats rule it out.
I suggest raising a speed fault at http://faults.plus.net
shure
Grafter

sigh, I was hoping to avoid that as it means some surgery on the window sills to release the test socket :(.  Was trying to explore other avenues first..
Many thanks for all your help
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We've still got your fault ticket open that we can investigate further is needed?
shure
Grafter

@Chris,
I still have to access the test socket, though, right?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Apart from the Master socket.do you have any other fixed extension sockets? Are you using any plug-in extension leads at all?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Yes, I'm just stating that your fault ticket is still open, if you need us to investigate further ten you can update you ticket at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
shure
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Apart from the Master socket.do you have any other fixed extension sockets? Are you using any plug-in extension leads at all?

2x fixed extension sockets.  One to the telephone upstairs, which is always connected, and one downstairs which the router was originally connected to but which is now temporarily unused.  the router is now connected directly to the BT Master socket via a standard 5m telephone extension cable, since there is no power supply near the BT master socket itself.  Both Sky boxes have been disconnected from the BT master socket and nothing else is connected apart from the router and telephone
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Do you mean one of those white flat cables like they sell for telephones - if so - junk it
If the only thing connected to that socket is the router put the filter next to the socket and use a twisted pair cat5e cable
shure
Grafter

you mean like this?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That should do.
When your Sky boxes were connected were they connected via filters? Do you all your Microfilters look like this?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: shure
2x fixed extension sockets.  One to the telephone upstairs, which is always connected,

Is that phone plugged in via a filter?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shure
Grafter

yep, everything has a microfilter like that.  
I should say that things have improved greatly since I changed routers.  I've had 98 hours so far without dropping connection once.  Connection speeds are now also much better but for some reason in the evening (and sometimes -more rarely - during the day) I tend to gain jitter and my lag increases to some ungodly figure, along with my upload speed all but disappearing.  The two things where issues are most noticeable are online gaming, where lag can be a pain in the a***, and Skype, where video can be almost impossible at times.