Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Margin

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Noise Margin

Well the bad news is that there isn't 21CN (ADSL2+) at your exchange! The good news is the VP capacity is Green!
How close to the exchange do you think you actually are?
What sort of signal strength are you getting with the Xbox on your DG834PN? Do you recall what you were getting with the Technicolor and is it the 582n?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Your stats look excellent and I don't know why interleaving was put on because there's no way you should need it given how close you are to the exchange!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Regarding routerstats can you post the same screen I did which is Rx CRC/ES/LOF ~15 min either ES or CRC should be about the same result
shure
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Well the bad news is that there isn't 21CN (ADSL2+) at your exchange! The good news is the VP capacity is Green!
How close to the exchange do you think you actually are?
What sort of signal strength are you getting with the Xbox on your DG834PN? Do you recall what you were getting with the Technicolor and is it the 582n?

clearly I'm not very good at reading these stats as I thought 21CN WAS enabled because the green box is ticked under service status?
edit: just re-read this and it may have come across wrong, sorry.  Not trying to be sarcastic, just thought the green box on the right thought it was enabled
shure
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Your stats look excellent and I don't know why interleaving was put on because there's no way you should need it given how close you are to the exchange!

It's because my line kept dropping a good half a dozen times a day at least.  I changed router just before interleaving was switched on and I suspect that may have had a lot to do with the improved results. 
Now things have much improved but as you will see from the images earlier in this thread I still get very variable results in the evening.  Skype also suffers throughout the day which is why I was wondering what could be affecting the line quality to that extent
shure
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Regarding routerstats can you post the same screen I did which is Rx CRC/ES/LOF ~15 min either ES or CRC should be about the same result

I don't appear to have that tab?  Is there something I need to configure as it's not jumping out at me?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I see the difference - you haven't got the telnet option
Click on the funny gearwheel on the top left
Then click on telnet - top right then experimental settings and Netgear settings it should work
shure
Grafter

sorry to sound a bit thick, but still don't have RX totals tab:
Oldjim
Resting Legend

On the telnet setup page do you get this
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: shure
clearly I'm not very good at reading these stats as I thought 21CN WAS enabled because the green box is ticked under service status?
edit: just re-read this and it may have come across wrong, sorry.  Not trying to be sarcastic, just thought the green box on the right thought it was enabled

That box on the right appears on every page of Usertools and is nothing to with the exchange status - it is the same as of http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2 and is the status of the whole Plusnet system.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shure
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
On the telnet setup page do you get this

I do.  That was correct, but it looks like I had the wrong DG834 version ticked.  I changed it to the second one and the stats come up now.  many thanks.  I guess I'll have to wait until this evening to see what happens.
Are there any other settings I need to enable?
Appreciate your help so far by the way Smiley
shure
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: shure

That box on the right appears on every page of Usertools and is nothing to with the exchange status - it is the same as of http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2 and is the status of the whole Plusnet system.

Ah, OK.  My bad.  Thanks for setting me straight! Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just make sure all the graphs are ticked - bottom left box
shure
Grafter

done.  Thanks
shure
Grafter

think I may have set up incorrectly.  The values are all showing "0".  Other graphs do have stats...