Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Margin

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Noise Margin

It looks like BT's testing showed a fault, but there's no detail on their notes. They do, however, request appointment times for another visit so please reply to the open ticket with three possible times within Monday - Friday, 8am - 1pm and 1pm - 6pm. It would also be worth confirming whether or not an alternate router has been tested into the test socket.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Thanks for the reply , will update the ticket now.  
Edit: been connected since friday at 3776 , but had a LSE at around 6am this morning and now i have a 22 db snr and a 1376 sync.  Should i reboot or just try to grin and bear it untill the engineer's visit?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're ready to send an engineer out, just need appointment times on your ticket. Not much point rebooting the router with the connection in it's current state 😕
HaydnExport
Grafter

I put the appointment times i'd like on the ticket mate , 1pm and 6pm wednesday prefered  , or any of the 2 slots either thursdat or friday
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I tried to call you and left a message. It seems that the mobile number we have for you is now inactive, can you update your account with a new number please?
Your engineer is booked for Thursday morning, unfortunately there are no engineers available tomorrow afternoon.
HaydnExport
Grafter

i'll update the number , but i cant be reached sunday to wednesday on it as i'm at work and we arn't allowed mobiles.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Engineer has been , really helpfull guy.  All things check out fine this end he said pair test etc .  He also recommended a 'lift and shift' as a solution and was going to the exchange to see if they can do one  , he did say this was highly unlikely and it would probably be better if you asked for it to be done.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The engineer's notes aren't on the fault yet but if he recommended a lift and shift we'll get it requested. We'll need to book another appointment so please pop some more potential times on your ticket.
HaydnExport
Grafter

The engineer has just rung me from the exchange, no lift and shift.  He said you need to book a 'LL5 adsl healthcheck' for a lift and shift to be possible.  He also said he's resetting the card at the exchange , so i'll see how that goes before requesting another visit.  Available times will be the same, i work the same shift every week.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Just wondering if my bt ip profile gets updated in the next few hrs as it should , can you please match it so at least i can get one night's gaming in before it crumbles again lol ?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It will update automatically, there's just a short delay whilst we're sent the delta report.
HaydnExport
Grafter

My bt ip profile has now updated  Cheesy  Wink
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

And matched on our side.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Thanks mate , looking forward to a few games online tonight now  Cheesy
HaydnExport
Grafter

Well at least i had a few hrs out of it.  some pics from routerstats (using different router again)