cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Margin

HaydnExport
Grafter

Re: Noise Margin

The BT ip profile is now at 4500 , if plusnets not updated by around 4pm can i get it nudged? It makes a big difference to my gaming  Cheesy
HaydnExport
Grafter

Plusnets still at 3500  Wink
HaydnExport
Grafter

this is getting beyond a joke , i plugged in my sky box to get a box office film and my sync was reset to 3k somethin !! 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Was that through a microfilter? If not, that would be why... if it was though, it might be worth trying to double-filter it - if you're using the phone socket in the second filter there shouldn't be any issues.
HaydnExport
Grafter

it was filtered at the test socket and on the end of the extension !  Its been solid since Crazy
HaydnExport
Grafter

This just isnt working for me,  i flashed my dg834gt with the dgteam firmware and my sync and sn have been great, but now my pings are awful .  Id post the routerstats ping plotter graphs but my pc decided to die on me today (5yrs old so no surprise) .  Gateway changing has no effect , it's like it was in december when everyone was having ping problems.  This is a typical capture, on this thread  , but they have been getting worse
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81272.msg696507.html#new
HaydnExport
Grafter

Everything's going fine now, speed and ping WOOT  Cheesy
HaydnExport
Grafter

Deleted
HaydnExport
Grafter

Seems the bad weather has brought back my disconnections, every time it rains in fact........................................... Cry
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: HaydnExport
.... every time it rains in fact.....

If this is true, then you need a BT engineer to come round and sort all the connections on your drop wire.
For Plusnet to order this, you will need to re-raise the fault, and go through all the procedures to try and stabilise your line internally, including having interleaving turned on. If I were you, I'd live with this for the time being, until I could get the fault sorted out.
Best wishes
Chris
HaydnExport
Grafter

looks like i'll have to !  how long from raising the fault would it take for the engineer to come?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

HaydnExport,
Its only really possible to give you an indication rather than a precise lead time here as there are a few factors at play such as waiting BT to respond and us then picking up on the queries and communicating with customers. We do normally advise that an initial response is given with in 72 hours and usually we can push a fault through to an awaiting appointment stage within that time. However I would urge you to bear in mind that things will take a little longer at present in terms of responses following the bank holiday weekend, but I would also urge you to get your fault raised via the fault checker at https://faults.plus.net without delay.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HaydnExport
Grafter

I'll wait till i go on holiday or break my thumbs  Crazy  I cant play my ps3 with interleaving on the line so i'll live with it for now !!
HaydnExport
Grafter

Just wondering  , seeing as my ip profile goes up and down cos of losing sync, is there a way you can pin my ip profile on PN's side?  The max ip i get now is 5500 , usually between 3500 and 5000 depending on how quick i find the drop in sync.  It takes 3 days usually for bt to go up but then maybe 2 or 3 days for yours to match , and sometimes by then i have lost sync again and not reaped any reward Sad
HaydnExport
Grafter

just thought i'd add that i've not been getting top speeds this week, say on a 4000 ip profile , since i got max premium added i have gotten 3800 throughput , bet recently has been down to 2200 (mostly)  peak and off peak