Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Margin

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Noise Margin

The last line report we have for you is showing as 4500, was it on a BT Speedtest you got the 5000 figure from?
Even a line test is showing 4500  Shocked
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HaydnExport
Grafter

yep on the bt speedtester site
FAQ
Results Image not loaded
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download  Speed
3904 Kbps

0 Kbps 7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 3904 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1200-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :6016 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 832 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5000 Kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.
Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Bloody typical, my line been stable for days and i drop sync when you have a look lol 
HaydnExport
Grafter

Dropped connection again, but managed to get a router stats capture , nothing electrical comes on in my house at these times.  Can someone help with why it's happening?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's the bumps at 16:14 and 17:09 that are the worrying ones, with the increase in noise and the drop in speed at the same time. As to why it's happening, other than some sort of external interference I've no idea. Have you tried the medium wave radio trick, to see if you can pick up any interference? The frequency you'll need to tune to is 693 to 612, that might pick something up even if it's not on your premises.
HaydnExport
Grafter

i dont have a radio so i cant check the medium wave thing. Cry    This doesn't happen everyday , seems very random to me
HaydnExport
Grafter

gone again today at 16:23 , not impressed  Cry
Edit:  just thought i'd add i was actually playing a game online at the time and didn't get disconnected
HaydnExport
Grafter

Great , the connection i had been playing online on was great (my day off today) , but no lost sync and its awful , and trying to gateway hop now to get a decent ping again , what will probably take me 30 mins  Crazy
HaydnExport
Grafter

Right, lost sync again , near enough same time as before.  Can anyone suggest why this is happening and a possible fix?  My next door neighbor has the same router as me and has synced at 5880 for over 90 days , but i cant get past 5pm lol  here's my noise graph for the lost sync (i was still connected at this time btw , no drop in connection as far as i could see)
HaydnExport
Grafter

Fantastic............, have lost sync again, and connected at a whopping 1728 , this is the lowest i think i have been synced and even when my target snr was 15 i would connect at 3k + .  Now obviously there is a problem but how can i fix it !! Please plusnet staff !!
HaydnExport
Grafter

Just thought id add, i finish my shift tomorrow and was looking forward to playing online , as i only play between Wednesday an Saturday due to work, but it looks like i wont be able to due to a terrible ip profile because i have lost sync , i'm 3 routers down now , too many filters to count and a visit off a phone engineer to check my nte5 wiring , so please help me to fix this or i will be off , i left bt and sky because my speeds were throttled at peak , but  always had good speeds during the day, so i'm pretty confident it's not down to my side  Cry
HaydnExport
Grafter

Or should i run routerstats constantly and check that my connection is acceptable  every time i need to use the internet ?  I understand that this could be a  fault on my side , but i'm paying over £25 a month for a service that i hardly use for what i ordered it for ..............
stallan
Grafter

Well running it would help
dick:quote
HaydnExport
Grafter

I do run it, but not when my pc is off, and i don't have my pc on when i'm on the ps3.  I have posted a couple of graphs of the drops on the previous page
HaydnExport
Grafter

Can someone please nudge my ip profile?  bt's is at 4500 , and so was plusnets last night , but plusnet ip is now 1500