Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No upload speed improvement with 80/20

leng
Grafter

No upload speed improvement with 80/20

Hi.
I moved onto 80/20 yesterday.  Speed check in the morning showed that my speed had gone from 38/8.3 to 35/12.3
Rebooting modem and router did not help.
This morning I shut down router and modem for > 5 mins and tried again -  36/12.3
I just tried again with the same result.
These results are with the tester linked at the bottom of the forum page. The BT diagnostic tester fails after the first upload test with a singularly unhelpful message.
BT predictive test says I should get 59/20 - I know that is an estimate but I did expect some improvement in down speed.
I'm reporting this now because the writeup says to do so if there is no increase after 24 hours.  If I am too soon because yesterday was sunday let me know and I will possess my soul with patience and spend my time tormenting people who call from India to ask the make of my washing machine.
3 REPLIES 3
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: No upload speed improvement with 80/20

Hi leng,
I have tested your line today and can see that your line speed is a little low compared to your estimate.  Current sync speeds are 39Mbps down and 15.1Mbps up.  Your estimates are 59.3Mbps down and 20.0Mbps up.  The fibre cab is not restricting your speed in any way (currently configured on a 25Mbps to 49Mbps setting) and so there may be a line issue here.  It's worth letting our faults team have a look at.  
Please visit http://faults.plus.net/ to raise a speed fault against your account and our team will investigate.
Hope that helps. Smiley
leng
Grafter

Thank you.  Ticket raised
BRABUS
Grafter

What make is your washing machine  Cheesy