cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sync Help needed

boris
Dabbler

No sync Help needed

PN  keep telling me that my router is not synching and that the most likely cause is cables in my property, I've checked everything and everything seems OK, but no other advice, I am willing to have the line checked by BT to help rule out this possibility  - but as my line was transferred to  PN as part of the home phone plan, BT tell me that PN need to authorise an engineers call
But how do I get  PN to do this or get advice on how to do it myself, personally I am fed up with the poor quality of support I  receive from Plusnet and I am getting ready to cancel my contract
Any other ideas anyone ,as I am not all that technically  up to speed with BRoadband I would appreciate some assistance
I have had problems:with the Thomson routers supplied. and PN remotely upgraded Firmware recently after that my internet connection just went, now the router displays the Broadband continuously flashing and the Internet light is Black
any assistance  would be greatly appreciated
BORIS
-X
19 REPLIES 19
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: No sync Help needed

What checks have you actually done, Boris?  There is a whole sequence of test procedures you need to follow. 
scottmg
Grafter

Plusnet's support is second to none, in my experience I doubt very much you will find a better broadband ISP that has greater support. You need to visit........

Faults.plusnet.net/
Login. Post a ticket if none of the support ages help, list the problem and PN will do there best to help diagnose the problem, if they can't then I'm sure they will happily book a BT engineer for you.
Regards
ScottMG
boris
Dabbler

I think Plusnet support is probably a lttle better than some other ISP's and that is why I only ever think bad things about them when I get silly/negative replies from them, but don't you find their website is difficult/ clunky / contains too many paths / its a bit like a maze /you always seem to finish up where you started
thanks Boris
boris
Dabbler

Quote from: ReedRichards
What checks have you actually done, Boris?  There is a whole sequence of test procedures you need to follow.   

I thank you for your interst
checks made
Internal Wiring checks  all appear sound/ok
Rebooting doesn't change a thing
Micro filter changed
Checked for Virus    using Norton 2011 and  Malaware .....  none
thats all I can do
bit of hisory

I have had  a series of theseproblems since joining P/net
3 routers ( thomson via PN , two just died)
two weeks ago I reported a similar problem , and I think PN tried  remotely to upgrade the firmware, but I gave them in their questionaire the wrong Thomson version Mine is now the V8 whereas I reported it as V7) this got me a connection for 5 days continous and good connections. But, it appears whovever did this changed a router setting to PPPOe as opposeed the correct PPPOA and has a consequence I was getting recurring requests to connect via Dial up to Broadband , I had recently ( two days before Losing connection) changed my account details at PN, changing from Plusnet Extra to the less costly monthly fee but in doing this my Bandwidth was lower, This was updated by PN two days later (the day I lost connection
the problem occurred this time when I was watching a video on Facebook, during this the Internet connection just disappeared. Thats where I am now
A little about myself ,  Having suffered a stroke I now have mobility and speech problems, hence I now prefer to do everything by Emails/forums etc, I don't fully feel confident about unscrewing anything
such as looking in the BT line box, but this oesn't seem necessary since the T/phone works well
I have informed PN that I am willing to pay for a BT  engineers visit  to check external wiring and the connections in the box
I haven't checked the router settings yet (by wire) because I am still reading up  on How To details .... this requires a little patience on my part
I am currently connecting via my close neighbors router/connection

Kind regards Eddie ( Boris is my nickname  ... all the grey hair and all that )
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Boris,
Sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband. Is there any way you could ask someone to come round and I could call and ask them to do some physical checks? It would help us to get to the root of this much quicker for you.
Jojo Smiley
boris
Dabbler

Joanne
Thanks for taking an interest, if could tell me what physical checks need to be done then that I can assess if I can attempt them as no one can call around for a few days

regards eddie bullen ( boris)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Eddie,
Click here for no sync checks and let me know how you get on.
Jojo Smiley
boris
Dabbler

Hello JOanne
I have checked all the thing you mention  other than the Master Socket test  everything else is in order------------------  I don't have that sort of socket , I have the old type ,  installed approx 26 years ago when  the house was built
can I do anything else
regards
Boris
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Boris,
Click here to raise a fault and our faults team will investigate it for you.
Jojo Smiley
boris
Dabbler

hi joanne

i've already raised a fault  on the5th April
I was beginning to feel comfortable that something would happen when you took an interest in my problem, but now it looks though I'm back in a continous loop again with no answer to my lack of connection
from these forums i have noticed things happen when you get involved, where do I go from here to finding an answer to my problem (no sync) .....not back into the loop again please
by the way the link to reporting a fault took to me to a completely different site ( called PLU)
I've completed various questionaires whilst in the loop but nothing seems to be happening. I dont know the answer to the problem, I was hoping that Plusnet would help me resolve it

regards  Boris
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Boris,
If the fault was only raised yesterday it will be looked at shortly. Until I read that you had mobility and speech problems I had the phone in my hand to call you and I would have been happy to talk someone through it. In the absence of that then raising a fault is the way to go. I'll see if anyone has picked it up in the morning for you. There's not much more I can do at this time. I can often help quicker but there are times when it needs further investigation by the faults team. One thing though, as some of the others will agree, is that I'll not let it go until it's fixed for you.
Jojo Smiley
boris
Dabbler

Hi joanne

thank you , call me and I will try and have a chat with you, the problem I have with the router ( no sync) has got to be solvable since I can see a link between when I lost  sync and the router . lets try and play sherlock holmes
if I can start at the beginning  = long story
commenced with plusnet during November 2010
the first router proved faulty  (power supply unit  and was replaced
then that unit died as well  ( power supply unit again)
on each occasion the connection was ok for a short time, both the above routers were v7
then recieved new Thomson  router v8 model in March 2011  
this worked fine    for a week then lost sync     Reported this    and it seemed to be dealt with by a Mr KRAUSE
the router seemed very busy one day ( all lights on) I assumed that someone was doing something remotely .to the router, left it overnight and in the morning it seemed ok but speed was very slow, then over the next few days the speed improved, something was changed in the router at that time because I started getting onscreen messages to make a Dial up connection PPPoE and this is still happening but onlyoccasionally now since  I pick up my neighbors internet  cnnection ( no security), ot an email from Mr Krause saying all ok and the fault ticket was now closed
then one day, I was watching a family video on Facebook and the connection just went failed , and the router fails to connect to internet, the broadband light flashing and the internet light black
I have Made 4/5 contacts over the past TWO weeks with via help assistant and the broadband checker, each time a message came up saying A ticket has been raised and someone will investigate then contact me , no one did, although last night I noticed that PN had  just posted responses ( nothing that helpd - just sayying the line had been checked and no problems were found
I tried the old thomson router v7  using the new power supply that came with the new v8
SURPRISE SURPRISE IT WORKED  ! ....   HAVE NOW GOT A CONNECTION.....................FOR HOW LONG IS ANYONES GUESS BEARING MIND PREVIOUS PROBLEMS

I will keep you you updated  if you let have me have a direct link to you personally
Thank you for your support
Boris

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

This is a PUBLIC forum... I suggest you remove your phone number as soon as possible and add it to a ticket, then post the ticket number
boris
Dabbler

Hello Joanne
The connection lasted about 2 hours, and then failed whilst I was on the P/net help assistant site , where I was asking for information for requesting a BT engineers visit to check the cabling, as this now seems the only plausible cause, now that my Theory about the router went up in a puff of smoke
I removed my tele number from the forum ( never struck me ! I was treating it like email wasn't I )
could you offer me a link to request a BT engineers visit
  see                    ticket number 41460384 for the other details

Boris