cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No support in time of need

Highlighted

No support in time of need

I have attempted phone support for three days ...not taking calls. My WiFi is rubbish I have bought a third party router Plusnet paying and it won’t connect need advise from support cannot get hold of anybody inc chat...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 130

Re: No support in time of need

@wingercop  Welcome to the forum.

A word of advice.

Rather than come to this forum to complain, if you tell us the make and model of modem/router that you have purchased plus whether you are on ADSL or fibre you will very probably get the support that you seek from fellow Plusnet customers.

Highlighted

With respect I am new and I feel you comment is out of order to be honest I have to start somewhere as I have had trouble for months. Tripping out every 2 mins not fully reaching my bedroom which is five paces from the router. In the end Plusnet advised me to by a third party router...so I did. I have attempted to connect it several times without luck. I was hoping Plusnet support could shed light on why. I have Tplink TD-w9970 of which I am trying to connect to Plusnet. I says it supports a Plusnet.....I don’t think it’s a set up issue I was wondering if Plusnet needed to flick a switch or something as a third party router. 

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hello @wingercop 

As you can imagine Plus Net support are a bit thin on the ground at present.

The help pages here may be of use, take a look at this link.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Are you using any special characters in your password as have caused issues

Good luck

Dan.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

@wingercop wrote:

I don’t think it’s a set up issue I was wondering if Plusnet needed to flick a switch or something as a third party router. 

Just to clear up that point.

If you've previously had working broadband with a Plusnet router, changing to a third party device requires no changes at Plusnet's end.

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives