Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service!

Wozza2016
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No service!

Hi.

I am getting no internet.  I am getting 0.03 download speed at the moment.  This seems to be happening regularly with plusnet nowadays.  Sky was amazing compared to this service.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
woober
Grafter

Re: No service!

Welcome to the slow broadband club, I hope you get a better resolution than I did.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Wozza2016 Have you read the help topic at the top of this board? If you try the suggestions, it may help.

If the initial suggestions don't solve your problem, then supplying the details of router statistics &c requested in that topic may help others to help you.

John
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Can you let me know if the speeds you're seeing are wired/wireless?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wozza2016
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi Chris.

I cannot connect my PC to the router via ethernet because I have not got a cable long enough in order to do the BT Speedtest.

I have just done a Ookla speedtest and the line it back to normal at 8mbps but over the last few days it has been extremely erractic.  I got 0.03 yesterday at one point and yesterday evening it was hovering at around 2mbps.

I reset my router yesterday because for some reason the admin page would not connect.  I will see how it goes over the next few days and report back.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

In that case I'd recommend running through some wireless diagnostics here

If you still have problems we'd really need a wired connection to determine where the issue lies.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet