cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service / incredibly slow service during weekday mornings only - not weekends

Arcadian
Dabbler

No service / incredibly slow service during weekday mornings only - not weekends

I have suffered from this  problem for over a fortnight now and after a week of frustration reported it on 01/03/13. (Ticket 66500762) Not good enough Plusnet. I urge someone  to put an Urgent marker on my question.
Openreach have checked my line. The engineer found a minor fault which interfered with his diagnostic equipment. He fixed it but stated that was not causing my problem. He blamed Plusnet.
N.B. .  One consistent thing is that my problem occurs in the morning and during working hours and not during the weekend.
Today was typical, just look at my log:
07.45 hrs Normal connection and speed
08.45 hrs, Zilch. Cannot connect to any web site.
09.55 hrs Able to receive text emails but all web pages hang with a blank page. Some sites won’t load and time out.
10.08 hrs Able to connect to the Plusnet Status  page
10. 10 hrs Can connect to BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test page but unable to carry out a rest after clicking on “Begin Test”
10.15 hrs. Can connect to google.co.uk but without graphics and cannot do a search.
10.20 hrs unable to connect to the Plusnet portal; but unable to login, my browser says “connecting” but nothing happens.
10.50 hrs Speed Test finally page loaded – loading bar crawling across screen.
11.03 hrs. Able to Login to Plusnet but unable to proceed to My Questions
11.04 hrs Speed Test still crawling across screen.
11.15 hrs. Speed test completed: Download 0.05, Upload 0.34, Ping 324.50
11.20 hrs Still unable to Access My Questions
11.25 Able to connect to BBC News including images – but still unable to access My Questions.
11.30 hrs Repeat speed test: Download 0.19 , Upload 0.34, Ping 60.88
11.31 hrs. Finally able to access My Questions.
11.45 hrs Speed Test, Download  3.0, Upload 0.34, Ping 106.13
N.B. My normal download speed is around 7 Mbits/sec
Martin
P.S. Latest speed test:
12.45 hrs  Download 0,09, Upload 0.34, Ping 59.00
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No service / incredibly slow service during weekday mornings only - not weekends

Sorry to hear that this is still an issue for you.
I can see we've been looking into this since the 1st and a few different things have been tried out in order to fix this.
By the title I'm  assuming you mean that speeds vary drastically but that this isn't usually a problem at weekends?
There's an issue with our suppliers ordering system at the moment so I can't do anything right now but our faults team will be responding to what you added to the ticket this morning ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Arcadian
Dabbler

Re: No service / incredibly slow service during weekday mornings only - not weekends

Adam, thanks for your response.
My issue is that I jump from a download speed of 7Mbits/sec before 09.00hrs to zero or extremely slow thereafter. During the morning the DL speed recovers very slowly. Afternoon speeds vary but are usable. Then at around 17.00 hrs my connection stabilises and I get 7 bit/sec once again.
I am disappointed to hear that Plusnet are having supply problems. It would help calm customer anger if there was a but more info on latency and slow speeds on the Status Page - which has not been updated since 08/03/2013.
Martin
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Arcadian
Have you ever given away/sold a router you previously used for your PN connection, or returned one? From the timings I wonder if someone else is using a router configured with your user details, perhaps on a business connection as it only occurs during office hours?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Arcadian,
It looks like we're going to need to get an engineer out to you, what's your availability like this week?
Chris
Arcadian
Dabbler

Brian, No I haven't!
Chris, Thanks for setting up the engineer visit
Martin
Arcadian
Dabbler

Chris,
A second visit from an Openreach engineer has just ended. He fitted a REIN filter on my master socket but doubted if REIN was an issue.
I have updated ticket 66500762 with detailed info on what he did and what action he will be taking. He anticipates a 3rd visit to the local exchange and my premises!
Martin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@astrolamp
Could you start your own thread and post some detailed DSL stats from your modem/router and we'll see what advice & help we can give.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the info on the ticket, we're just awaiting the engineer notes back and then we'll go from there.