Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after router reboot.

Sauniere
Grafter

Re: No service after router reboot.

Further problems: 
Everything was fine on friday night and up to saturday afternoon but since then I have been having serious web browsing issues.  In fact I could browse faster with a 56k modem and I'm not exagerrating.  Some sites it takes at least 3 minutes to connect to.  The plusnet site is even worse and this made me think it might have been a Plusnet issue but when I finally got to the service status page and then the 21cn outage info pages I can't see where there have been any problems.  I've tried running 3 different speedtests.  2 of the 3 were unable to run at all and had problems establishing a ping.  The BT one was ok once I'd set it going.  I have 6323 download sync and 883 upload.  I've rebooted the router and also switched it off and left it off for at least half an hour but same problems are still there.       
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Could be related to this:
Service: ADSL Dial
Posted: Sat, Apr 04 2009 at 16:25:04
Subject: Broadband Disconnections (56049)- NEW
Due to a major cable fault in the Ilford area, a large number of customers may have noticed their broadband connection dropped.
BT Engineers are working on this problem but there is no estimated fix time yet.
If you were one of these customers, and you're still having difficulty getting back online, then please turn off your modem or router for 20 minutes, switch it back on again and then try connecting to the Internet.
We will provide an update to this as one becomes available.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sauniere
Grafter

I did see that but decided it wasn't relevant to me as I live in Worksop.  Would my connection be routed via Ilford?   
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

PN have lost a gateway because of it.
Read here http://www.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=56049
We have also received reports of speed and connection problems on our 21CN network being caused by this outage

That's the bit that might affect you
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sauniere
Grafter

I see, the timing of the issue does suggest that this is what is affecting my connection.  The initial post did suggest it was only users in East London that would be affected.  As I live nr Sheffield I assumed it wouldn't apply to me.  Has anyone else had a problem?
Can someone confirm that this is indeed the reason for my poor internet performance. 
I tried to download something this morning and initially the download was fluctuating between 3.9MB and 4KB.  After about a minute this dropped and stayed at 4KB.  As it was pointless I stopped the download
James
Grafter

Morning.
The connectivity side of things will only affect those down in London.  However, because we've also dropped a 622Mbps central because of the issue in Ilford, it may mean that speeds are considerably slower than usual.
However, I wouldn't have expected this to have affected 21CN citrcuits, as we have our own MSIL for this traffic.
Sauniere
Grafter

Morning,
If that is indeed the case then I have major problems again.  As already stated, extremely slow browsing < dial up.  Cached sites are a bit quicker for obvious reasons.  I tried a few speed tests on sinday and 2 of them couldn't even begin.  I did a BT speedtest this morning and sync was approx 6382, IP profile was reported as 4500 (it had been 5500 on friday) actual download speed was reported as 1723.    The download I attempted was a Usenet download and was 4KB - has that been throttled?
On a further note my SNR is still circa 12 - 15db.  I expected it to be targeted at 6db.  Is there any reason it is still that high?
Cheers
Steve
James
Grafter

Hi Steve,
I really don't know.  Realistically, there should be no change.
I take it that it was 6dB before your upgrade?
Sauniere
Grafter

No it was around 12 db before the upgrade.  It has increased slightly since then as has the noise atttenuation (that's gone up from 42 to 49)
Do you think I should raise a fault regarding the other stuff?
James
Grafter

If you're still getting extremely slow throughput, then yes, I'd definitely suggest raising a fault.
I'll try and get some confirmation that our 21CN circuits aren't affected.
James
Grafter

I take it back, ADSL2+ goes via Ilford, so the issues we've talked about will be causing packet loss and poor speeds Sad
Sauniere
Grafter

Oh dear I've just this minute logged a fault, then double checked on here and seen your reply!
OK James, thanks for letting me know
Sauniere
Grafter

Morning,
Now my issues appear to have been sorted I was wondering if my training period may have been interfered with due to what happened?  Also as mentioned above my SNR is above 12 and I wondered if there was something that could be done to target it at 6?
thanks
Steve
James
Grafter

Hiya Steve.
It should settle out automatically and much better than IPStream Max did.
If you give it a few (3ish) days, you should hopefully see a drop in SNR.