cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after router reboot.

Sauniere
Grafter

No service after router reboot.

I got up this morning and rebooted my router as per usual since being moved onto this trial. The upstream speed doubled and the download speed had leapt up as well. I went to a web page and discovered that I couldn't get any Internet access or email. I had to go to work and left it thinking all would be well tonight.
I got in tonight at about 8.15 and still no Internet or email. I called plusnet who told me to ring back tomorrow as the 21cn team had all gone home. Well I'm at work tomorrow again and won't be in until after you've all gone home again. Every website I try to connect to changes to 194.74.65.98  I checked this ip using my iPhone and found it is some bt wholesale error page.
I am extremely annoyed, angry and frustrated that firstly this has happened but especially at the fact there is no help whatsoever. How pathetic is that?
Can someone please look into this problem as soon as possible
28 REPLIES 28
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No service after router reboot.

Stab in the dark here (I can't see why it would make a difference), but are you on PAYG RIN using a login of username@plusdsl2.net? If so try username@plusdsl.net
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: Sauniere
I am extremely annoyed, angry and frustrated that firstly this has happened [...]

Do bear in mind that it is, by your own admission in the first sentence of your post, a trial. As a result things are more likely than usual to go wrong - they did for me too. It was your prerogative to join the trial or abstain, so don't be harsh towards Plusnet for that.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Trial. Anything which acts as a test, or severely tests character or endurance.
Hence more generally: a painful, trying, or unhappy experience, esp. a protracted one.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Sauniere
Grafter

@Be3G
Yes it is a trial as you say but I didn't volunteer I was talked into joining to keep my business as I was in the process of moving ISPs.  I'd asked for the mac key.  I was told that I would be connected to ADSL2+ in 5-10 days which in reality became 6 weeks.  I asked for updates on connection timescales on 3 occasions and was ignored on each.  When I made a complaint I was fobbed off.  Once I had finally been moved to ADSL2+ I was not convinced I was even on ADSL2+ and as a result I asked a series of questions regarding the initial 10 day period, BT BRAS profiles, if they could provide me with a "what to expect" type guide etc etc  and only got one of them answered.  The biggest factor in me not believing I had been changed over was the fact that my upstream speed had not changed in the slightest.  I was kindly offered a different router to try but opted to get my own choice of brand (which cost me £50+).  The very next day there was an admission on here that the upstream speeds were mistakenly left capped meaning my purchase of a new router had been unnecessary.  I would have bought the router anyway to be fair but it's just another issue.  When I rebooted yesterday as I said in my initial post, the upstream was double and I saw over a meg leap in download sync as well.  I was very pleased until I actually attempted to do anything with the line.
My main frustration and annoyance comes from the fact that the 21cn trial is covered by support from 9.00am to 8.00pm.  As most people go to work during the day this means that in effect the 21cn trialists have effective support for about 2 hours per day or in my case as I get home late on wednesdays and thursdays - none.
The vast majority of these issues I have had have been avoidable and so I feel my feelings towards plusnet are justified. 

James
Grafter

@ Sauniere
Have you managed to go to http://faults.plus.net to raise this as a fault?
It is a trial and therefore only certain members of our faults and provisioning teams have been trained in placing orders and raising faults with BT.  It uses a different system entirely, which unfortunately is currently down.
If you've raised a fault, we'll get it raised as soon as possible for you.
Sauniere
Grafter

Thanks James, my only method of accessing the internet from home is now via mobile phone - GPRS which is how I posted last night.  The support guy I spoke to last night logged the fault for me and this was an update from this morning: 
Dear Mr xxxxx,
Unfortunately, the system we use to investigate faults on the 21CN platform is currently down and a P1 fault has been raised with BT Wholesale to get this rectified. At this time there is no ETA as to when we will be able to continue investigations, but please be assured that once this is back up and running we will continue investigations on your fault.
Kind regards,
[CSA Name Removed]
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) removed CSA name as per Forum Rules]
James
Grafter

Yep - That's what I mentioned in my previous posting.
We'll try and get it raised for you as soon as we can.
Sauniere
Grafter

James,
Would you be able to give me an update please?  There has ben no pertinent activity on my support ticket since monday dinnertime - It said that the issue has been escalated to BT and to expect an answer in 48 - 72 hours.  I just wondered if you were able to find anything out for me.
Cheers 
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I haven't seen anything myself, but I've asked the guys in faults to have a look for you.
You should get an update to your ticket in the next hour or so.
Sauniere
Grafter

James is there anything that you can do or give me any more information regarding this ticket number  28306129 i.e. what is going on and when will it be resolved?
As I stated in there to be without an internet connection for 10 days is pretty poor in this day and age.  The fault isn't even trial related just what appears to be a general cock up by BT not pointing things to the right places.  I was told that things would be done this morning and the first activity on my ticket today was at 2.15pm.  I strongly suspect that I am now looking at another weekend without internet access and to be quite honest it's not something I'm willing to put up with.  I appreciate that BT are at fault but as Plusnet are the go betweens I can't help feeling let down by all concerned 
James
Grafter

Hiya - I'm sorry it's taken so long.
I've asked Keith to chase.
Sauniere
Grafter

Thank you
James
Grafter

Hi - Could you possibly PM me a mobile/work number so that I can give you a ring?
I've tried your home number, but I'm guessing you're at work!
Sauniere
Grafter

James,
I'm up and running now.  Thanks for your help it's much appreciated