cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to ticket?

scuda
Grafter

No response to ticket?

Could someone on the Plusnet team help me, please? It's been 72 Hrs since My Question #37927144 was 'handed over to a team' by the automated tester, and no response so far!
Scuda
15 REPLIES 15
grudkin
Grafter

Re: No response to ticket?

I would appreciate a staff member also taking a look at mine too! Wink
tssk
Grafter

I would appreciate a reply as well Question #37920947. Fault raised on the 12 December and nobody has replied to it as yet, even after asking several times. Got a 4.5 meg line and only getting 62k download, no BBCi Player, Youtube, downloading or gaming for my family at the moment.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tssk,
Your profile has been matched to 4500 now so this should take effect shortly and you will see the increase in speed.
Jojo Smiley
tssk
Grafter

My goodness, that was quick! Wish I'd come in here at the beginning... many thanks Jojo, you're a Plusnet star!
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI scuda,
Thank you for you time. If you can post back here when you have it set up I can run some tests again.
Jojo Smiley
scuda
Grafter

Hi JoJo, I do have a 5 metre LAN cable. The router is now plugged directly into the BT Master test socket and have used the 5m lan cable to connect to the computer in its normal place. Checking the router stats, they are reading:
Data Rate Down/up               1824/448
Noise Margin                           12.5/15.0
Output Power                           17.0/12.4
Attenuation                                53.7/31.5
Note that this is the first time I have reset the router since reporting this last Tuesday
Hope that helps.
Scuda
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI scuda,
As you can see the sync has increased by 500k just by doing that. I will now reset the SNR and see what happens.
Jojo Smiley
scuda
Grafter

JoJo, yep it has, but it did not do that when i did the same thing last Tuesday. Still, lets be optimistic eh?
Scuda
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scuda,
Reset has taken effect. sync is now 2464 and profile 2000. I wouldn't necessarily say it's going to stay that way but I've matched the PN profile which should kick this into action within the next 15 mins.
Jojo Smiley
scuda
Grafter

Hi Jojo, OK, I have 2464 and noise margin 6.0 in my router stats right now. Please let me know if and when I can return router to normal, physical,  position?
Scuda
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI scuda,
I would leave it for a while to see if the line drops or the SNR increases before you consider any moves. The fact that the sync rate increased just by moving it to the test socket indicates there may be an issue with your extension.
Jojo Smiley
scuda
Grafter

Hi Jojo, Will leave it as it is at least 'til this time tomorrow, if same as now will try moving router, and let you know. Thanks for your help, it really is appreciated.
Scuda
scuda
Grafter

Hi Jojo
It seems that there was an intermittent contact in the wiring to the extension socket. Having re-made the connections, using an IDC Tool, all now seems fine. The router has been in its normal position (not in the test position of the master socket, but in the extened socket) since 21 Dec, and is looking normal. Router stats today are:
Data Rate(Kbps)(Down__Up)____ 2112__448
Noise Margin___________________8.0__19.0
Output power__________________17.6__12.1
Attenuation____________________54.7__31.5

This is what has been normal for this line since Plusnet provided the service, so I have closed the ticket that my original post referred to.
Thanks for your help in doing the necessary checks at your end, and for your personal attention.
Hope your New Year is a good 'un!
Regards, scuda
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scuda,
Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Best wishes to you also.
Jojo Smiley