cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to a support ticket?

giz10p
Dabbler

Re: No response to a support ticket?

Im not sure of the purpouse of your post or what it brings to it, I never said it was for business use and its not at business premises, its a private address and I'm not a teleworker.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi giz10p,
I'm sorry if you feel we're passing the buck here but I can assure you we're not. We use BT Wholesale systems to check for line faults and each time we test your line it tells us that the copper line test fails - reason: battery contact. At which point we are then told to advise the customer to contact their phone provider. We cannot override this and any broadband fault we try to raise will just get to that point and will not let us go any further.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: giz10p
Im not sure of the purpouse of your post or what it brings to it, I never said it was for business use and its not at business premises, its a private address and I'm not a teleworker.

Then I'm puzzled as to why you are on a business telephone line. Huh
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
giz10p
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Hi giz10p,
I'm sorry if you feel we're passing the buck here but I can assure you we're not. We use BT Wholesale systems to check for line faults and each time we test your line it tells us that the copper line test fails - reason: battery contact. At which point we are then told to advise the customer to contact their phone provider. We cannot override this and any broadband fault we try to raise will just get to that point and will not let us go any further.
Jojo Smiley

Is that company policy Jo or a limit of BT wholesales system as BT tell me you can over ride the fault report and send an engineer out..
Now on my 4th BT line test PSTN coper line check passed, no battery contact issue.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI giz10p
[quote=giz10p]Is that company policy Jo or a limit of BT wholesales system
It's not a policy, it's just that that's how far the fault process let's us go. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.
Jojo Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

We use BT Wholesale systems to check for line faults and each time we test your line it tells us that the copper line test fails - reason: battery contact.

Surely, so will BT Retail.
Could it be that either PlusNet or BT are testing the wrong line ::).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MisterW,
[quote=MisterW]Could it be that either PlusNet or BT are testing the wrong line
That thought did cross my mind. Our tests are done with the circuit ID for the broadband so if it was the wrong line it wouldn't give any results, so I've no worries that we could be testing it wrong.
Jojo Smiley
giz10p
Dabbler

Well there's not much else I can do now, I either stump up £150 for a BT engineer to come out if they find no fault or leave plusnet and goto BT for my broadband. A support manager is going to call me back later "at her convenience" but support have confirmed that my ticket is going to get thrown back out of the BT faults pool and back to me when they get to it. Unfortunately I don't see any way out of this apart from my mac code.. Also I'm told I cannot leave without notice even though the service doesn't work! quality..
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI giz10p,
I really do sympathise with how you've been passed back and forth but as I said the automated system we use won't let us go any further. However, in light of what has been happening to you when you have contacted your provider on numerous occasions, one of our faults managers has agreed to raise this manually for you. By doing this we should be able to find out exactly how to get this fixed for you.
Hope that helps,
Jojo Smiley
giz10p
Dabbler

Thanks Jojo, fingers crossed something gets sorted!
Craig
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Craig,
the main thing is if they come back as say there is definitely a fault we can quote their own words.
Jojo Smiley
giz10p
Dabbler

No update on this as yet, I didn't see an engineer on the 24th so can only guess he didn't need to come to the property. As of the 24th there was no update from BT, the issue is still there and I have heard nothing from the faults team..
Called support on the 24th and today, still no update yet... I'm told someone from the faults team will call be back before 9pm  Roll_eyes
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI giz10p,
Just getting one of the faults guys to look at this now for you.
Jojo Smiley
giz10p
Dabbler

Thanks for your help Jo, when bt tested the line (for the 5th time) they got a fault so Openreach have been out today (with 3 engineers) and used a spare pair to the pole to get around the fault, however it's given little to no improvement of the problem so its back to techinal support again to wait and see what they say... Sadly upto 72 hours again for them to do another line test  Embarrassed
Thanks,
Craig
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

After a line problem has been corrected an ordinary speed test will not tell you if the problem has been fixed as a number of further automatic processes have to happen before you see faster speeds.
1. The BT systems have to see your router syncing at a higher speed and staying stable at the higher speed with few errors.
2. BT have to raise your IP Profile.
3. BT have to send a 'delta' report to Plusnet.
4. Plusnet have to raise the current line speed shown on the portal to match the IP Profile.
This can take a number of hours.
What you must not do is reboot your router at all (tempting I know as rebooting is the first solution to many problems) and leave it on 24x7, if you do it delays step 1.
What you can do is take a look at the sync speed reported by your router and look to see how long it stays connected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)