cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from support team!!

FionaSoto
Dabbler

No response from support team!!

I logged an issue with Internet on Tuesday and have yet to receive any acknowledgement or support. I have had no broadband service since Tuesday. Desperate attempt to get some help!! Anyone from Plusnet could you respond please. Question #64559993 Thank you.
DSL and wifi working fine but no internet connection. Anyone else in Southampton area having same issues?
21 REPLIES 21
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: No response from support team!!

Hi Fona,
Welcome to the forums.  I am sure that someone from the Digital Care Team will be along here soon offering help.
In the meantime a few questions which I'm sure someone else will ask...
1. Are you ADSL or Fiber?
2. Can you describe what is happening at your end - lights on router etc.  Your brief description suggests that you had ADSL synch but no PPP session.  Can you double check your account settings in the router?
3. What router have you got?
4. Can you get the status details and report them here?
Hmmm PS: How are you posting here?  An alternative connection?

HTH,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There was a large(ish) outage in Southampton that night. Have you tried logging in to the router and pressing connect?
Log in by going to 192.168.1.254 in your browser, using the username and password for the router (they should be printed on the bottom of the router).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
FionaSoto
Dabbler

Hi Kevin
Many thanks for the response. I am currently posting from work!
I have ADSL and not sure router but have been with Plusnet around 6 months and it was the one they supplied.
I logged into my router and did an Internet connectivity check, DSL is fine, ATM 'no ATM activity detected on your DSL line' PPP 'your connection is currently down'. I have tried restarting the router several times to no effect.
On my router broadband and wireless have a green light (no flashing) and Internet has no light.
A factory reset on the router made no difference.
Connecting via Ethernet cable and logging in brings error message 'your Internet connection is currently disconnected'.
Thanks
FionaSoto
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Yes I tried that on Wednesday morning and got the error messages I've posted above...
Many thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

At 2.10pm today you connected very briefly for 1 minute, what did you do at that time?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
FionaSoto
Dabbler

Hi Chris
That is very strange-I left for work at 12.30pm, there is no one else at home and I have all my wifi enabled devices with me so I'm not sure who/what could have been there to connect!!
FionaSoto
Dabbler

I've just received a text from Plusnet asking me to try with an alternative router. I don't have another router, only the one supplied by Plusnet so I am unable to do this. Presumably if the router is the problem tho I wouldn't be able to link to it at all? (Just a guess I am not any sort of expert!!)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Router problems don't always make themselves apparent in that way. I.e it may be possible to have a router fault where WiFi may not be working but the other functions may be OK, so the only true way to 100% rule out a faulty router is to try another known working one.
We can investigate a fault with out another router having been tried, however that can lead to extra costs for yourself if an engineer visit is needed and the router is found to be a problem.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FionaSoto
Dabbler

Wifi is working, it's only the Internet light which is off. I can still connect and login to the router via wifi, it just won't then connect to the Internet.
As I side note it seems a little ridiculous that I have to test another router to avoid the threat of being charged. I don't know many people who have a spare router as they are largely supplied by broadband providers and reclaimed when the contract ends. Not in any way a dig at you, just an observation!
If there is any other way I can test or anything else you woukd like me to check, please let me know.
Many thanks
FionaSoto
Dabbler

I have another message from Plusnet saying ATM and PPP now passing so I will try another reboot this evening and let you know if that works.
Many thanks for the help so far.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, rather than a reboot via powering it off then back on again I'd advise logging into the router and clicking "disconnect, then reconnect".
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FionaSoto
Dabbler

OK will do, many thanks.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: FionaSoto
A factory reset on the router made no difference.

@DCT - Will a factory reset on a PN supplied Router restablish the user account details or will they be erased?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: FionaSoto
On my router broadband and wireless have a green light (no flashing) and Internet has no light.

This rather suggests that you have ADSL synch with the exchange, but no PPP session to PlusNet..