cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone, no broadband

coastergrotto
Grafter

No phone, no broadband

I'm posting this on behalf of my son as he is unable to contact you by phone or by internet.  If someone could just have a look at his ticket 24958186 you will see that he has had a problem with his internet connection since early May.
He has just returned from holiday and now he has no phone, as well as no internet connection, he has Home Phone with Plusnet.  I had to ring the support line last night to report the fault.
Previous to this his speeds have been awful and his connection keeps dropping even though he is plugged into the master socket.     He has run all the tests that PlusNet keep advising him to do but he was unable to keep a connection for any length of time.
He is, to say the least, not at all happy with PlusNet (I recommended him) and by writing this post I'm just hoping that someone on the team can keep an eye on the progress of this ticket and help resolve his problem.
He has had a visit once from the BT engineer who said that due to the distance from the exchange he would never get more than 2mb speeds.   His profile currently shows 500 Kbps but his last tests were unable to achieve even that, which isn't very good for a High Speed Broadband Service.
I notice that on accessing his account the latest update shows BT Reference: NE4XPG88
Estimated Response Time: Thursday 5 Jun 2008 PM.      I was hoping that someone would have been out today to sort out this problem.      However please could someone try to assist in getting his problem sorted as soon as possible both telephione and his internet connection.
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: No phone, no broadband

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that your son is having a bad time of things with us currently.
I've spoken to the someone who is currently handling home phone faults to get an update and find out where we currently are with OpenReach.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: No phone, no broadband

The fault has been passed onto BT as they acknowledge there is a fault on the line.    BT engineer was supposed to be investigating this Thursday PM.
No sign of an engineer to date so no phone and no broadband, still.
Can someone please sort this out as soon as possible because this is ridiculous.