cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No live video for webcam.

laptop77
Grafter

No live video for webcam.

Hello.I just want to say this Is my first post here,so I hope this Is In right place.The problem Is that when I go onto the Dawlish Warren website,the webcam works OK on update webcam tab,but not live video tab.Has anybody got any help they can give me? Thanks. 
20 REPLIES 20
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No live video for webcam.

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
It's not working for me either so it may be an issue with the site, what error do you see when the video stream fails to load?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I had to uninstall and re-install Quicktime for it to work.
Do you get a login dialogue box?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran

Now I'm getting a 'Switching Transports' message across the bottom of the Quicktime window Undecided
I'll try later, maybe it's busy.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Worked first time for me although there were quite a few messages including the Switching Transports one before it came up.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran

Got it back now. Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Ubuntu (Linux) using Firefox, the webcam works fine, but the [live video] tab gives me -

but no other error messages, or mentions of "Switching Transports"
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you'd read the previous pages properly you'd know the username and password to use!
Edit: Actually it's in your screenshot!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
laptop77
Grafter

Hello.Re:Adam Walker post.All I got was a blank white screen on the live video tab.The update webcam tab Is fine.Eveytime I e-mail them they say every thing Is fine.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Strat's implied that it the stream seems to require quicktime to work properly, it may be that you either don't have this installed or may need to re-install or perhaps update to a newer version.
It's available here if that helps: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
laptop77
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Adam.I have Quicktime 7.7.1 Installed,but I do not know If that`s the latest version.
jim:quote
Strat
Community Veteran

I downloaded version 7.7.1 (1680.42) today so it looks like yours is the latest version.
The webcam feed runs in Quicktime.
laptop77
Grafter

Live Steaming video

Hello.I am afraid that I still cannot get onto the live streaming video webcam for Dawlish Warren.Every time I e-mail them I get the response that In Firefox and Internet Explorer,It Is working fine.I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime and been Into several browsers.So If you good people out there have any Idea what to do to fix this this problem please can you help.Thanks.
laptop77
Grafter

Still having problems with Live Streaming video

Hello.Still having problems with Live Streaming Video on Dawlish Warren website.I have uninstalled and Installed Quicktime,gone on various browsers(Internet Explorer,Firefox etc.etc.)and every time I e-mail them,they say that everything Is fine.By the way the Emouth website live streaming video and You Tube work perfectly.
Also SKY Sports score centre does not appear.If anyone has any answers to these problems,I just hope you can help.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Still having problems with Live Streaming video

Do you mean http://www.dawlishwarren.info/webcam/webcamstream/ ?  Dawlish Warren has a .com, a .co.uk and a .info web site and they are all different.
What web browser are you using.  I could not get the streaming video to work at all on Google Chrome because of an issue about the date of a Quicktime plugin.  On Internet Explore 9 I had to install some weird add-in I had never heard of but after that I could watch the odd seagull fly past - not much going on in Dawlsih Warren.  My guess is that your problem is a browser issue, not a broadband issue.