Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

FIXED
Jannoth
Fixes: 1

No internet

Since yesterday afternoon (02/04/2020) we have no internet.

I've restarted the router, tried my backup router, swapped microfilters, all to no avail.

We're in Oakley, Bedfordshire.

It's upsetting that you can't phone to log a problem;, with with the lockdown I understand.
But, it's STUPID that callers are merely directed to the website (but you need working broadband to access their website!!). The icing on the cake is that the Plusnet website doesn't offer a place to log a problem ..... it merely suggests you phone them!!!! Think it through please 🥺
4 REPLIES 4
Jannoth

Re: No internet

It's around 30.minutes since.my original post and the internet has been working for around 20 minutes, so thanks to everyone involved.

J 👍🙂
Jannoth

I'm sorry to say that it's down again
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Jannoth, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere given the lack of connection over the last few days shown by the graph below.

However, our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue and are highlighting the location of the problem to be towards the customer premises so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop and connection returns to normal. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Given the frequency of drops and how the connection can return for several hours I'd recommend if the connection does return in the test socket to then leave it in that set-up for 24-48 hours to see if it remains a constant connection.

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault. Please be aware however that due to the current climate the majority arranged engineer visits will only cover external to the property so if the fault is something caused internal that can't be resolved yourself then I'm afraid there may be a delay in getting your service back up and running. Let us know how it goes.

Jannoth

Fix
Hi, thanks for the feedback/guidance.

The problem is fixed.

FYI you were right in the cause being quite nearby (unlike last week's outage caused by the local cabinet). The BT test worked immediately so I called a local engineer to replace the entire BT socket (with built in filter) as all internal wiring is fine.

Thanks again for the ideas 👍🙂