cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

No internet

I've had no internet since Friday. All lights are on router, none of my devises will connect to Internet.. Either say they are connecting or connected yes there's no Internet. I've checked all cables as well. I have spoke to someone on live chat who did a hard reset and said they'd email me within half an hour I've had no response and still no Internet. She also said the connection was fine. Has anyone else had this?
12 REPLIES 12
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: No internet

Same here - Reading, Berks. Internet went down last night at about 21.00hrs, but it came back this morning at 08.30hrs.  

Very annoying.

Best of luck,

Alex

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @1234, welcome to the forums. I am really sorry that you are currently without internet. 

Testing the line hasn't detected any issues however it looks like your router is failing to authenticate. If you have already factory reset your router (holding in the small reset hole on the back of the router for around 10 seconds) can you please follow the steps I have provided here.

Let us know how you get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Reds

Hi,
I am having the same problems. Could you provide me with the steps to follow as when I click on the link it doesn't work
Thanks Reds
Reds

Hi
I have this problem.Have you managed to sort it out?
Regards Reds

Hi, they have said it's probably an issue with my router and if I cover the cost of postage I can have a new one to try... I have found another provider as I am now out of my contract with them. Thanks!
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Reds,

The steps are as follows - these will need to be done on a device that's trying to connect to the router (so ensure that any mobile data is switched off):

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Click on the 'Broadband' tab. You should then see a username and password box. If this doesn't come up, please click the 'disconnect' button

4) Your username is your account username with @plusdsl.net at the end and your password is your account password. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

@1234, I'm sorry to hear that you are moving to a new provider and I wish you all the best. Please let us know if there's anything else that you would like to discuss on here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

Hi, 1234,

When I lost my internet connection (see earlier post), I tried another router and it did not work.  I knew then that the fault was external, but I did not contact customer services because the connection was re-established without me doing anything.

Alex

Hi,
Thanks Alex, I have found another provider as I wasn't happy about the customer service I received or having to cover the cost of the postage for the router (it is over 5 years old)
Thanks for your reply!
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

PlusNet can (I believe) send you a returns bag. So you don't have to pay postage. But a router that old I doubt they'll want it back, just for yourself to dispose of it or recycle it. They'll only do the same as that I would assume.

Changing ISP's may work in regard to customer services, but if there is a fault in your area it will all go through BT Wholesale so you may still have the problem regardless of ISP.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

The way I read that is that PN wanted @1234 to pay the postage for a new router they were going to send him.

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

Hi 1234,

Routers have limited life. I am on my third one and every time I paid the postage and Plus replaced the router free of charge.  If that is what you were offered, I suggest you take it because it is a very good deal. Changing ISPs will not restore your Internet if the fault is with the line and that is most probable.

Alex

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Fair enough @Alex_Hamilton

From another Alex, good name to have of course Smiley

But being serious I've had about 3 routers just die, and it is not always obvious. One where it wouldn't connect to ADSL at all - I ruled that out by trying it round a friends house. Didn't work. Though he (old school - showing my age) had a USB modem which did. So not a connection problem.

Also had one go when broadband was fine, but the 4 port switch stopped working.