cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since 8am

Gregoryorr92

No internet since 8am

I've had no internet in Cardiff since 8am, tried restarting router, replugging all wires, I am in the main socket and have tried the test socket. No fixes as of yet.

Been on hold for over an hour, no indication of where I am in the phone call queue or an estimated wait time! Not how I am wanting to spend my Saturday! I haven't even seen any service announcements on social media to atleast acknowledge this outage and they they are working to fix this.. save me wasting my time on the phone.
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: No internet since 8am

Welcome to the forums, @Gregoryorr92 . Are you ADSL oFTTC, and have checked if others are affected - a single customer losing connection will not result in any announcement of a problem.

John
Gregoryorr92

I have posted in the wrong forum section, I am Fibre. Didn't notice the different pages when using my mobile to post. Having eventually got through to plusnet customer service I have been informed it is due to the BT exchange. This indicates I am not the only customer affected by this hence my suggestion on a service announcement.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

I kind of get your point, @Gregoryorr92 , but again - the service announcements these days are only likely to appear if a large area - e.g. a whole city, is likely to be impacted for an extended period.

John