Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet light on hub

a780
Dabbler

Re: No internet light on hub

Hello,

Could this fault be closed please? This was opened by accident, I did try to close it on my side, it is not the phoneline that's the problem

Thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @a780 

If there's a fault with your phone line then your broadband won't work as it should do.

We can't progress a broadband fault with our suppliers until the phone's fixed I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
a780
Dabbler

Thank you,

I just don't want to pay for somebody to come out if the issue isn't with the phoneline (I don't even remember opening up this fault)

Does the issue show on your side?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes, there's an exchange fault detected and an engineer should be investigating shortly

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
a780
Dabbler

Thank you, I have checked the ticket and it says internal, will I be charged for this?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

I'm guessing that means an internal note for the PN systems, but having not seen it, I could be wrong.😉

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @a780 

At this stage the engineer will be going out externally to investigate further and if they need access to your property they may contact you on the day and if the engineer finds the problem to be with your equipment on the back of this, we won't charge you for this because the fault's been raised as an external task.

If the engineer needs access and they're not able to contact you, we'll let you know and we'll agree an appointment time. We'll also ask you to agree to the following statement (we'd go through checks first to try to limit the possibility of a charge)

"If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of Openreach equipment within your property and its boundary, or if no fault is found, you will be charged £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or cancel without giving us 2 working days' notice."

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
a780
Dabbler

Thank you,

It seems this morning that the internet has started working by itself, although both the internet and wifi light have been flickering 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

They are supposed to flicker - it indicates they are passing data.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@a780 Those lights will 'flicker' as data is passed to/from your router.

@Townman beat me to it.

John
a780
Dabbler

It seems to have cut off again so I guess that  lasted long!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Go back to basics again - have to got a dial tone - is the line quiet.

Such is and must be the very first step in looking at all broadband issues.  No dial tone or a noisy line and broadband simply will not perform.

Yes a telephone handset is ESSENTAIL even if you do not intend to make phone calls.  What are you going to do if you need to pone the emergency services and you find your mobile is flat or there is no network?  With a simple handset, even in a power cut, you can dial 999.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

a780
Dabbler

Thank you Townman but we have purchased a telephone and it's arriving today!

The internet is now working.....again.

Hopefully this fixes all the issues we have had none stop since switching over to plusnet... 🙂

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Out of interest who did you switch from?

If switching from a LLU supplier (Sky or Talk Talk) it is not unheard of for the line patches on the exchange frame (BTOR space) to the LLU equipment to have been left in place when switching the circuit back to BTw owned equipment.