cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet just a red light

Daviesaj02

No internet just a red light

For the last two days I’ve had no internet. The red light remains on constantly. I have tried to restart, checked all cables etc. But no luck. Any suggestion?
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No internet just a red light

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Has this service ever worked (have you just migrated to Plusnet)?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Also take a look at the broadband problem self-help thread - see the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Daviesaj02

Thanks for your reply.
Green light now but no internet to my WiFi devices.
Phone line was clear.
Router setup says internet connected.
I did change my Plusnet password this week - any reason that would make a difference?
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

May well do,

Broadband password is same as account password so you may need to update password in router ?