cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for a week, again!

burtons1981

No internet for a week, again!

Unfortunately my upgrade to 21CN has caused me nothing but problems as my connection was on and off for most of Novemeber. I did think the problem had been resolved at the end of November when the connection returned however it has since been down since 7th December. I understand it is a problem at BT's end as my router is connected to the exchanged and no IP address is assigned, but I would like a long term solution to the problem rather than having to wait a week for the problem to be resolved. I have raised the fault, 31110257, but it hasn't been updated since 8th December.
Good news since the update is that my connection syncs at 10,000kb, up from 3,700kb, but I haven't been able to use it
4 REPLIES 4
mjbarnard

Re: No internet for a week, again!

Yes same problem with Chiswick exchange.
Not sure if it is due to upgrade, but ominously I receieved a message mid November saying I would be upgraded in the next 5 weeks.
Agree, slowish response.
Mand
Grafter

@burtons1981, I've got someone looking at your fault now.
@mjbarnard, your fault has been raised to BT, we should have an update shortly.
burtons1981

Plusnet have been kind enough to send me a new router, I now have 4, as they thought it might resolve my problem. Unfortunately it hasn't, still no connection  Angry
The router is showing as sync'd to the exchange, just as my DG434GT was, but I cannot connected so I assume the problem is still at BTw's end.
I have updated my fault with the relevant details and hopefully some nice person will have a look at it before Christmas  Huh
defiant
Grafter

My connections doing the same.  When it works so long as you dont resync or get resynced everything works great.  Ive done the same as what others have said  the connections been working but at a lower sync than previously so i resynced to get a higher profile and lost the ATM loop.
any news on a fix yet ?

cheers defiant