cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

Aendean

No internet connection

As of Thursday night I have no internet, there is no indicator light on the router either. Initially it was red, but after turning it off and on again, this has now disappeared
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No internet connection

@Aendean  Welcome to the forum.

No lights at all suggests that the hub has died. Have you checked that the mains outlet is working and that the power supply is plugged in to the hub?.

Do you have or can you borrow another ADSL (if you're on standard ADSL broadband) or ADSL/VDSL modem/router? Any non ISP, third party device, Plusnet or BT Home Hub/Smarthub can be used (BT Home Hub 5 or Smarthub 6 only if you've posted on the wrong board and are on Fibre). If you can get your hands on one come back here with the make and model for setting instructions.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: No internet connection

Hi @Aendean, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. I can see the drop out you were referring to and a few others before this however the last 20 hours your connection has looked fairly solid when testing. When running tests on your connection we aren't seeing any cause from the drops or hints as to where the location of the fault is. I'd advise then, to monitor the connection your side and if you do see the issue return to go through some troubleshoot steps below which may help narrow down the cause of these drops you're seeing.

Firstly, I'd recommend contacting your phone provider and getting them to check the line for any underlying faults that could explain the issues that have been seen.

I'd then advise going through the basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the face plate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault. Let us know how it goes.