cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection for second day running

cassuki
Rising Star

No internet connection for second day running

I managed to get to the Plusnet site last night after 4 hours of trying to put credit on my iPad sim and discovered there was a known issue but it says the next update will be after the bank holiday!  It say most users have now reconnected. I tried switching my router off for an hour as advised but that made no difference so I left it off overnight but still no connection . Having switched off and on several times this morning a connection was made only to be lost again 5 minutes later. I'm now back to no connection again.  I can't see anyone else on here complaining but maybe that's because they can't connect? Does anyone know what is going on?
7 REPLIES 7
dac1051

Re: No internet connection for second day running

For the past few days I've been having issues with web page loading. Sometimes I can't connect to some web sites (Google UK and Facebook are pretty bad) and other times I'm just getting raw HTML without the formatting and layout. However, speedtest.net tells me my connection is fine (FTTC 50Mb download).
I've tried changing the DNS servers but that didn't help (didn't think it would).
Any ideas, anyone?
cassuki
Rising Star

Was going to report that I now had a connection but again it lasted 5 minutes and dropped again.  I've wasted so much time on this now  - half of my weekend off work. I'm going to have to give up for now and try again later in the day. I can't afford to waste any more time on it.
cassuki
Rising Star

I'm still having  problems. It connects for a few minutes then drops for a few minutes, and repeats this over and over.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Suggest you go through the steps at https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults to log a fault...
JTaylor
Grafter

Hi Cassuki
I have ran a few tests on your line and I have to agree with pwatson.
If you can log in there and raise a fault for us, we'll get straight on investigating this properly for you!
cassuki
Rising Star

Was out all day yesterday and it still wasn't working when I got home in the evening so I switched off for an hour and turned it back on before I went to bed. When. Got up this morning and it seemed to be working OK (07:00-08:00). My husband and son used it for at least the first half of the morning while I was at work but it went off again and only came back in for brief periods during the afternoon. It hasn't been on at all since I came home from work (18:00 ish).
I've tried using the link given above to report it but get the following message:
There's been a problem
We're sorry, but you can't use the Broadband Troubleshooter to report a fault on your service. Please contact our Support Team for help.
cassuki
Rising Star

it wasn't working at all this morning but it was when I came home from work and has been OK all evening So fingers crossed that it stays OK.